Shinobi-San Y U Do Dis?

Started by Riderz1337, Aug 13, 2014, 11:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Max King of the Wild

Aug 18, 2014, 12:23 AM Last Edit: Aug 18, 2014, 12:25 AM by Max King of the Wild

hmm i have big respect for the long standing mods like Axum, Torillian and some others. But i guess they aren't as active and cant get involved in every spat. The newer mods are more involved Carl, Cone and Star and they generally do a good job. However they do tend to get involved and engage in fanboy nonsense as you put it...but thats probably bcos they still new and are the most active. Also with the levels of trolling/flaming and fanboyism its tough to completely stay out of it.

I love torillian. We shared the same views of how moderation should be. I used him as examples all the time when arguing with the mods. He said you are allowed to call people out who make ridiculous posts and in fact called people stupid out right. I actually met him in person. We had lunch and discussed gaming. He lived a couple blocks away from me in Milwaukee.

The fanboy nonsense I am referring to is the thread Mr khan made after e3 with names of the Beatles instead of the mods.

Shinobi-san

Nice to see you are a mod here now  ;D
VGchartz loss  8) cause you would be a better mod than anyone of the guys they chosen.

BTW i need to comment more here :-X

i've always been a mod around here btw 8) I just had limited powers muhahahahaha
Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Shinobi-san

I love torillian. We shared the same views of how moderation should be. I used him as examples all the time when arguing with the mods. He said you are allowed to call people out who make ridiculous posts and in fact called people stupid out right. I actually met him in person. We had lunch and discussed gaming. He lived a couple blocks away from me in Milwaukee.

The fanboy nonsense I am referring to is the thread Mr khan made after e3 with names of the Beatles instead of the mods.

What thread was that? I havent really been active on Vgc in a while..i missed a lot of threads lol.

You met Torillian in person...how did you know he wasnt some serial killer?

i kid i kid :D

Max King of the Wild

What thread was that? I havent really been active on Vgc in a while..i missed a lot of threads lol.

You met Torillian in person...how did you know he wasnt some serial killer?

i kid i kid :D

It was in the complain about the moderator thread. I argued with them and got banned for spam in the thread because they didn't want to be challenged anymore. Basically, I showed them similar posts to mine that I report and asked why I would be banned and not them. I also quoted people complaining about the moderation in the forums but never posted in the thread to complain about them. Then I quoted torillian and Kantor who said you can say someone is being stupid as long as you don't say the person is. Of course they just made excuses why one was different than the other.

You're right, Wisconsin is the home of serial killers and happy days... However, if he were a serial killer so am I because we are bother Biochemistry majors.

the-pi-guy

Wisconsin is the home of serial killers? 
I'm gonna lock all my doors tonight, windows too. 

Raven

Hey Shinobi! Yeah I've always liked your posts. To me, they always seemed genuine and even when you clearly showed your bias for something you never did it in a way that tried to make the other person feel bad for not feeling the same way. We didn't really talk much on VGC but I always enjoyed sitting back and reading your posts. Though I'm not sure what Legends means when he says we have the same views. Would like for him to clarify. Maybe I'm missing something.

Max King of the Wild

Wisconsin is the home of serial killers? 
I'm gonna lock all my doors tonight, windows too.

You're from Wisconsin? Lol, I got a shirt from summer fest with the outline of the state with that saying in it. Jeffery dalmer was from Milwaukee and I think there was another infamous one from Wisconsin with another well known in the region. I'm sorry, it says cannibal killers. Which is worse

Shinobi-san

It was in the complain about the moderator thread. I argued with them and got banned for spam in the thread because they didn't want to be challenged anymore. Basically, I showed them similar posts to mine that I report and asked why I would be banned and not them. I also quoted people complaining about the moderation in the forums but never posted in the thread to complain about them. Then I quoted torillian and Kantor who said you can say someone is being stupid as long as you don't say the person is. Of course they just made excuses why one was different than the other.

You're right, Wisconsin is the home of serial killers and happy days... However, if he were a serial killer so am I because we are bother Biochemistry majors.

My sis is biochem major :) so yeah you are all serial killers in my eyes. Are you guys still friends now? like do you hang out regularly?

Man lots of shame goes down in the moderator threads and to be honest im not sure what the point of that thread is (other than the interesting info)...Basil also requested a perma recently btw and that was because of another questionable moderation. Moderations can get really tough i guess.

the-pi-guy

You're from Wisconsin? Lol, I got a shirt from summer fest with the outline of the state with that saying in it. Jeffery dalmer was from Milwaukee and I think there was another infamous one from Wisconsin with another well known in the region. I'm sorry, it says cannibal killers. Which is worse

Yeah, I'm from Wisconsin. 
There's also Ed Gein. 

Max King of the Wild

My sis is biochem major :) so yeah you are all serial killers in my eyes. Are you guys still friends now? like do you hang out regularly?

Man lots of shame goes down in the moderator threads and to be honest im not sure what the point of that thread is (other than the interesting info)...Basil also requested a perma recently btw and that was because of another questionable moderation. Moderations can get really tough i guess.

Nope, only the once. Moved back to Illinois shortly after.

The summary of the moderation in my opinion is A. It really is ridiculously inconsistent. It's hard to really understand what's crossing the line and what isn't. When every post from the sting is off topic generalizations that never get moderated yet if you call him out you get moderated. B. If you allow posters like Toastboy and Zero make the amount of ridiculous statements they make then it gets to the point that "being respectful" just doesn't cut it anymore.C. The progression structure sucks. Minor borderline things can lead to month long bans.

Max King of the Wild

Yeah, I'm from Wisconsin. 
There's also Ed Gein.

Thats exactly who I was thinking of for the infamous on.

Legend

Hey Shinobi! Yeah I've always liked your posts. To me, they always seemed genuine and even when you clearly showed your bias for something you never did it in a way that tried to make the other person feel bad for not feeling the same way. We didn't really talk much on VGC but I always enjoyed sitting back and reading your posts. Though I'm not sure what Legends means when he says we have the same views. Would like for him to clarify. Maybe I'm missing something.

"Other than that I will never compromise my opinion or hold back no matter what thread I'm in."

Shinobi-san

Lies! I've never shown bias!

At least that's what i tell myself at nights before i go sleep :(

Bias is unavoidable i guess, ive always tried to transcend it. There was a guy on Vgc who i felt posted perfectly. His name was Reasonable...i guess everything is in the name. He stopped posting a couple of years back never saw him again.

Maybe Legend was talking about our general posting style or thoughts on things in general?

Legend

Nope, only the once. Moved back to Illinois shortly after.

The summary of the moderation in my opinion is A. It really is ridiculously inconsistent. It's hard to really understand what's crossing the line and what isn't. When every post from the sting is off topic generalizations that never get moderated yet if you call him out you get moderated. B. If you allow posters like Toastboy and Zero make the amount of ridiculous statements they make then it gets to the point that "being respectful" just doesn't cut it anymore.C. The progression structure sucks. Minor borderline things can lead to month long bans.

I've always like Toastboy.

He's never insulting, just super over hyped for XBOX.

He's similar to a parody account. He's there to make you laugh and have fun.

Raven

"Other than that I will never compromise my opinion or hold back no matter what thread I'm in."

Ah okay. Yeah that's pretty much the way I am. I hate playing games when discussing opinions. I try not to come off as an dog to people but sometimes it can't be avoided. What I absolutely won't hold back on is when someone is clearly misrepresenting facts or completely making them up. But enough about me, let's talk about Shinobi.

Go Up