Things you hate in movies

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 07, 2014, 12:02 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

What are some themes/happenings/tropes/blah/etcs that you hate to see in movies? 

Some things I hate in movies:
-Completely wrong information by people who should know what they are talking about.  I don't mind if the laws of physics are broken, but if someone "smart" says something stupidly wrong, I just go nuts inside.  World's best mathematician: "8 is the mediumest sized prime number"  Me:  "..... Legit...."
-Blaming the wrong person to be funny.  Person A steals something, Person B gets blamed for it.  It's bad when its only purpose is to be funny.  It ends up being the furthest thing from what it tried to be, that it ends up being disgraceful.  (If anyone has seen SpongeBob,
Spoiler for Hidden:
there is an episode where Spongebob gets a new pet and it almost eats Gary and he comes in while Gary is in its mouth and yells at Gary.  Imagine yelling at the victim for what the other person did.
  It just ends up making me upset. 

Legend

Yeah dumb smart people are annoying.

Also hate people turning into a holes halfway through the movie just to add some tension.

Raven

Scenarios where people split up for no good reason. Why is this still a thing in movies? Sometimes the plot forces it to make sense. In so many other films lives could have been saved if they had just made the good move and had everyone go together. On the flip side, there are times when it would actually make sense to leave one or two people behind just in case shame goes south but they either cram everyone into that potentially perilous area or leave behind the most incapable person they can think of.

Another thing I hate in movies is how badly someone can be injured or get their dog handed to them and yet they can still move as if they only had the wind knocked out of them. A lot of the 80's and 90's action movies did this.

Legend

Oh I also hate how the bad guy is also a super good fighter. In some movies it makes sense, but way to often he just becomes a boss out of thin air.

Dr. Pezus

Forced romance with no chemistry

BananaKing

that almost every big action film now is most of the time a super hero movie or a remake of an old movie.

Dr. Pezus

That bananaking has something against superhero movies

Wrong

Slow-mo in fist fights.

Dr. Pezus

When characters are obviously wrong but think they are wright

Max King of the Wild

Focusing on irrelevant shame. Example, transformers focused on humans way too god dang much. Cut out the irrelevant human scenes and shorten the movies by at least half an hour and they would be so much better. The cringe worthy human aspect is terrible to sit through just to get to the good stuff.

Max King of the Wild

When characters are obviously wrong but think they are wright

Clever.