The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Lol 5 years? Let's say 50
Yeah I hope he didn't spend much time with that list. 4 isn't happening. 3 is overselling the "in some cases" part. 2 is also overselling it since that could include simple things we have today like hearing aids.

5 could maybe happen and 1 seems like something he'd know better than me.

the-pi-guy

Yeah I hope he didn't spend much time with that list. 4 isn't happening. 3 is overselling the "in some cases" part. 2 is also overselling it since that could include simple things we have today like hearing aids.

5 could maybe happen and 1 seems like something he'd know better than me.
4 is definitely happening!  

Rolls-Royce announces plans for 250-mph hybrid VTOL air transporter
Production starts early to mid 2020's!  

/s

I have no idea.

the-pi-guy

Someone said we have 4 in the form of helicopters and he responded saying "I have a few helicopters, they aren't sufficient."

Legend

4 is definitely happening!  

Rolls-Royce announces plans for 250-mph hybrid VTOL air transporter
Production starts early to mid 2020's!  

/s

I have no idea.
It's kinda funny though that the dream of flying cars was seemingly dying off and then drones came along. Now flying cars are right back around the corner  :)
Someone said we have 4 in the form of helicopters and he responded saying "I have a few helicopters, they aren't sufficient."
Can't land on city streets, essentially useless  ;)

Also how freaking rich is he?!?

the-pi-guy

It's kinda funny though that the dream of flying cars was seemingly dying off and then drones came along. Now flying cars are right back around the corner  :) Can't land on city streets, essentially useless  ;)

Also how freaking rich is he?!?
$730m was the last estimate.  
I find it a bit hard to believe he walked with that much, though.  

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Good things?
Mostly.  It has a meta of 79, but most of the lowest reviews say that the gameplay is great.
But some problems like long wait times for online matches hold the game back.  

Quote from: 70
Firewall Zero Hour is a masterclass in accessible, immersive VR first-person shooting. Its sharp, intuitive tactical gameplay and well-designed maps make for intense 4v4 action that's a level above anything else available on PlayStation VR. However, it cannot be ignored that the progression slog and rapidly emptying lobbies make Firewall a difficult game to commit to.
Quote from: 70
Firewall can be an incredible experience - and easily the most exciting and immersive VR shooter that I've played. It's just a shame that there's not more co-op and single-player action, more competitive modes or shorter waits between the game's bite-sized matches.
Quote from: 65
Firewall Zero Hour is one of the most precise and tactical VR shooters out there. Too bad the systems surrounding it are so wanting.
Quote from: 60
There's no doubt that Firewall Zero Hour's tactical combat works well in virtual reality - in fact, the fledgling medium adds a lot to this FPS, allowing you to naturally gesture to teammates and intuitively check your corners in a way you couldn't on a standard display. But while there are some structural and technical issues that we have confidence First Contact Entertainment will be able to fix, it's the question marks over its community that make it a tough sell. It's a chicken-and-egg situation that's unfortunate for everyone involved, but it's something that the developer would have been aware of when it embarked on creating an online-only multiplayer shooter for an install base of a few million headsets. Good as the game may be, it's something you need to keep in mind as well.
Feels like high praise for the gameplay, considering the low scores.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Oculus Quest announced.  $399

Facebook's newest VR headset, Oculus Quest, ships in the spring for $399 - TechCrunch

It looks like it's basically the high end Oculus Go.  

the-pi-guy

Oculus Quest standalone VR coming spring 2019 for $399: The new platform slots in between the current $199 Oculus Go and the original Oculus Rift, also currently $399. But, unlike the Rift, the Quest is completely wireless and it's made for games

Zuckerberg still wants to get 1 billion people into VR, but it'll take a while

Expressive Avatars will be available later this year

Oculus mobile app now supports Rift

Oculus Product Manager Sean Liu announced Oculus Go updates to make content look better; allow for casting to mobile devices and eventually TVs; and the launch of YouTube VR support

Facebook's Oculus Go is getting YouTube VR

NBA games are coming this fall to Oculus Venues.

Vader Immortal, a three-part Star Wars VR experience, will be available in 2019 as a launch title for the Oculus Quest.

Oculus Connect 2018: Everything that was announced - CNET

Legend

the-pi-guy

Quest sounds cool. Is it worse than Rift in any significant way?
Worse: won't play PC games.  Battery powered
Unknown: tracking (better than Go by far, but not sure how it'll compare to Rift), battery life, not sure if connecting to PC might come in the future

Better: screen, no wires

Not sure what this could be talking about:

Seems like it'd be too big of a statement to be about astrobot. 

Go Up