Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Mario Odyssey is great but also kinda bad. Weird design choices.

Botw is amazing. Also has some poor elements but they don't get in the way of the core magic sauce.

Dr. Pezus

We won my first fortnite match on switch. Seems easier than on PS4 lol. Was fun though.

What are yall's Nintendo id's?

Legend

We won my first fortnite match on switch. Seems easier than on PS4 lol. Was fun though.

I don't pay for online so I don't know. Does Switch still use friend codes?

Dr. Pezus

I don't pay for online so I don't know. Does Switch still use friend codes?
Yes I think so but also normal id's. Check it.

You can still play online in free games like fortnite and stuff.

Xevross

May 20, 2020, 04:56 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:59 PM by Xevross

SW-6633-6036-8029 is my friend code!

Disagree with Legend on Odyssey, I think its fantastic through and through. Not sure about the weird design decisions he mentioned. When I played SMO it was like someone had bottled up the pure, raw feeling of joy and I was overdosing on it. Weird analogy but you get the picture, I had a big goofy smile on my face for hours on end when playing that game.

BOTW is my favourite game of all time, I can't recommend it highly enough. I think its a bit hit and miss with some people but its absolutely worth trying, if the game really clicks with you its magical.

Other than that there's the obvious Smash, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing etc. I'd also recommend looking into Astral Chain, I think that's a really great game. I'd be interested to hear what you think about Pokemon since you got it, for me its incredibly weak, easily the worst mainline pokemon game.

Dr. Pezus

Disagree with Legend on Odyssey, I think its fantastic through and through. Not sure about the weird design decisions he mentioned. When I played SMO it was like someone had bottled up the pure, raw feeling of joy and I was overdosing on it. Weird analogy but you get the picture, I had a big goofy smile on my face for hours on end when playing that game.

BOTW is my favourite game of all time, I can't recommend it highly enough. I think its a bit hit and miss with some people but its absolutely worth trying, if the game really clicks with you its magical.

Other than that there's the obvious Smash, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing etc. I'd also recommend looking into Astral Chain, I think that's a really great game. I'd be interested to hear what you think about Pokemon since you got it, for me its incredibly weak, easily the worst mainline pokemon game.
Thanks. Will add you.

I think Odyssey should be my first buy (if I don't count Pokemon). My type of game really and so different from Pokemon. Zelda probably after that.

Smash will probably wait since I don't have online and I don't know a lot of people with switch to play locally.

I'm only like 3-4 hours into Pokemon. Liking it so far, although nothing mind-blowing. It's clearly easier than the old games (disclaimer: haven't played Pokemon since Gold/silver if we don't count mobile). For example, the whole Pokemon squad levels up when defeating enemies. I remember leveling up being way harder before. Especially Pokemon like magikarp, which can now just tag along and level up freely without doing anything. Graphics are nice, but a bit dated compared to other franchises.
What did you think was weak about it?

I'm also wondering if Mario Kart is worth it without online play or much local multi-player

kitler53

I'm also wondering if Mario Kart is worth it without online play or much local multi-player
my opinion is both mario kart and smash are not fun enough if you don't have access to multiplayer.  i loved smash on the gamecube when i was in college and we did lan parties and we probably played it for 5000 hours.  when the online on wii was too terrible play with my friends (post college) i probably played it for only about 30 hours.  it's not that the game was terrible but the NPCs are terrible.

mario kart wii against NPCs was also kind of terrible which I only did to unlock things.   but thankfully mario kart wii's online was pretty good and thats where I got lots of time in.

so, in my opinion, if you aren't going to pay for online access don't bother with either game.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Thanks. Will add you.

I think Odyssey should be my first buy (if I don't count Pokemon). My type of game really and so different from Pokemon. Zelda probably after that.

Smash will probably wait since I don't have online and I don't know a lot of people with switch to play locally.

I'm only like 3-4 hours into Pokemon. Liking it so far, although nothing mind-blowing. It's clearly easier than the old games (disclaimer: haven't played Pokemon since Gold/silver if we don't count mobile). For example, the whole Pokemon squad levels up when defeating enemies. I remember leveling up being way harder before. Especially Pokemon like magikarp, which can now just tag along and level up freely without doing anything. Graphics are nice, but a bit dated compared to other franchises.
What did you think was weak about it?

Yeah its super easy and it just gets easier as it goes tbh, especially if you spend any time doing anything except the critical path. I have so many problems with the game, it has by far the worst main story of all the pokemon games. Plot has never been that strong for pokemon but Sword's plot is absolute garbage tier, I can't imagine even a 5 year old finding it good. The story structure is also terrible, important events happen off screen and everything is super rushed. Also the routes are by far the worst of any pokemon game, they're all short and extremely simple.

And yeah, the more time goes on the more the franchise just gets out of date. Graphics are improving but not at the same rate as the industry on a whole, so the games look more and more outdated. The combat system is so simplistic and has never improved. The super effective system makes combat straight forward and incredibly easy. Add on to all this the issues with dex cuts, online trading being gutted and others things, you get the worst pokemon game by quite a way.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is well worth it even without online imo, its good fun and has a lot of content. Getting the maximum trophy on all the grands prix takes a while and is a genuine challenge on 200cc. Plus the core gameplay is just fantastic and I still open the game to play some races every now and then, its just very good fun. Smash also has a fair bit of single player content with its campaign thingy. Both are probably about 30 hours before you finish the main stuff and get to just doing repeated matches over and over. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is probably much more recommended though, I'd say only get Smash if you know you're really into it.

Dr. Pezus

Oooh mario+Rabbids is actually 75%off now. How is it?

Xevross

Its a good x-com style game. If you like those games its well worth it.

Legend

That's a great price for it.

Odyssey is great most of the time. Just has too many underwhelming moments like lots of the moons and some of the levels.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>Like cloud kingdom.<br>

Dr. Pezus

May 26, 2020, 09:41 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:47 PM by Dr. Pezus
Bought Odyssey

Pokémon is a bit too kiddie and easy for me  :P

Also,Bravely default 2 demo is out. Not sure how it plays

Dr. Pezus

Bought Mario+Rabbids for $12

kitler53

Bought Mario+Rabbids for $12
great price for a nintendo exclusive.   those rarely go on deep discount.   you need to let me know how you like it,.. i don't think switch has  enough games to justify the console for me but this is one of the top 3 games i would be interested in.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

great price for a nintendo exclusive.   those rarely go on deep discount.   you need to let me know how you like it,.. i don't think switch has  enough games to justify the console for me but this is one of the top 3 games i would be interested in.
It's good imo but does not justify buying a switch. I lost steam and haven't touched it for a year. Close to the end though.

Go Up