PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Aura7541

That article is a fudgy joke. When a game is delayed, it's delayed. It happens. However, that doesn't mean that Sony is not trying to release their games for the holiday season. Last year, we got surprised with LittleBigPlanet 3 last Gamescom.

This leads to another point: it's a business. Sony has demonstrated that they can get a game out within 4 months after its announcement. However, I saw it as nothing more than flexing muscles. The game was released at an unpolished state and was drowned out by AC: Unity, Advanced Warfare, GTAV, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Far Cry 4. Similar thing happened with Sunset Overdrive despite it having a special edition bundle. This is why we're seeing Sony supposedly pushing for marketing rights for 3rd party games. I know, it's not pro-consumer, but it's a very economically efficient tactic. My point being: Don't release exclusives during the holiday season for the sake of it. Either that will lead to shoddy rush jobs or leaving them out to die.

The third paragraph Raven posted also made me laugh. E3 was pushed back a week and Gamescom was pushed forward a week. As a result, they are a half month's worth closer to each other than before and will not give Sony sufficient time to come up with a conference without copying their E3 one. Not to mention, Sony will be at Gamescom. It's just they'll not be talking on stage.