I'm back from Disney World

Started by Legend, Jul 09, 2023, 04:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

firstly,.. not sure I get what you mean by "wheel barrow".  but I'd say it probably just doesn't give them the control they what to dictate every bump and make changes after the built to tweak things to their satisfaction.

...do agree that cosmetically it would look a lot more convincing.

not theme parks.  as a kid I thought I was a good artist and planned to work in Disney animation.  I made comic books.  ...then figure out I'm a terrible artist.
Most rides can't be tweaked after construction. Maybe star wars is different but normally their trackless rides like it actually have a physical track in the ground. The vehicle wirelessly follows it.

Tada, a picture!

Back wheel would just be for show when boarding. Track from the ceiling would hold the car just like your arms holding a wheelbarrow. A pivot behind the car would allow it to bump and twist while the track above stays level. Could go crazy with hydraulics in the back so it can be pulled up and down to simulate stuff hitting the back tires.

That's pretty cool that you made comic books. Kinda funny that you don't like the marvel movies.

BananaKing

Wow, that's interesting. Maybe their performances at the box office highly affect their attendance?

kitler53

Jul 11, 2023, 12:47 PM Last Edit: Jul 11, 2023, 03:18 PM by kitler53
Wow, that's interesting. Maybe their performances at the box office highly affect their attendance?
I'll respond to you later legend.  

planning a Disney vacation requires planning about a year in advance.  recent flops probably don't apply.

to me this feels a bit like conservative's outrage at Disney showing up as a protest.   with Florida as conservative as it is the "local" visitors could down bigger than out of state visitors.  the parks were slow when I went too but the hotel didn't seem to be.  my mom lives in the villages l, is ultra conservative, and at least used to go to the parks ~50 times a year.  I wouldn't be surprised if she cancelled her yearly pass to protest LBGT representation in that one film I forget the name of.

EDIT: source on the partisan divide on desantis vs disney:  https://www.aol.com/entertainment/florida-poll-florida-voters-deeply-131900436.html   i'm trying really hard not to be inflammatory here but i think it should also be apparent that if someone views disney as bad they probably aren't spending their vacation budget on disney either.

also the economy.  we are heading into a planned recession and disney is expensive.

Most rides can't be tweaked after construction. Maybe star wars is different but normally their trackless rides like it actually have a physical track in the ground. The vehicle wirelessly follows it.

Tada, a picture!

Back wheel would just be for show when boarding. Track from the ceiling would hold the car just like your arms holding a wheelbarrow. A pivot behind the car would allow it to bump and twist while the track above stays level. Could go crazy with hydraulics in the back so it can be pulled up and down to simulate stuff hitting the back tires.

That's pretty cool that you made comic books. Kinda funny that you don't like the marvel movies.
so i can't seem to find a source here i remember reading about how the tower of terror was at first just open the doors and then an immediate, single drop.   the disney engineers found that to not be all that exciting and so later they tweaked it so that there was a delay to the drop and several drops to build the suspense.  

so like.. that's what i mean by a "tweak".

so going back to the dinosaur ride you had in the picture specifically,..  the floor is flat so all of the "excitement" is in the hydraulics.   by tweaking i just mean they can easily reprogram the hydraulics to bounce more/less pretty easily to find the maximum "excitement".   obviously the overall path isn't all that negotiable but i would think some amount of sweaving would be.  i dunno,.. you mention hydraulics on the wheelbarrow design as well so maybe my point is invalid.  i guess now that i see you're diagram most of what i'm thinking is that seems harder to maintain.  that's just speculation.

EDIT: forgot to reply to that last bit.   my comics where nothing like marvel.  i was into garfield and calvin and hobbes at the time so that is what i was emulating.   the 3 pane joke comics not the marvel style story comics.  i also did a lot of flip books with very childish humor.  lots of "man hit in the groin with football" type humor.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Bob Iger talks about attendance declines, ticket pricing, the feud with Ron DeSantis, and his huge optimism for Disney Parks and Resorts

Blames the heat and Florida tourism being down in general. Both are true, but people were specifically avoiding July 4th. It was just as hot as other days.

kitler53

not sure if it is exactly related but our 4th of july parade had almost no attendees either.  it was eerily tbh.  for the parade i would point to the fact our town a bit over was the site of the 4th of july shooting the year prior (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Park_parade_shooting).  it would seem that many people now associate the 4th of july with getting murdered.   

...maybe a contributing factor for theme park attendance?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up