Sledgehammer Games: No Advanced Warfare on Wii U

Started by ethomaz, Aug 20, 2014, 06:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will come to five platforms later this year, and Wii U will not be one of them.

The prospect of a Wii U version of the latest entry in the massively popular shooter series had yet to be officially addressed until today, when Michael Condrey, co-founder of developer Sledgehammer Games, responded to a question on Twitter. "No, no Wii U. That was an Activision decision," he wrote. "We are focused on Xbox One, PS4, and PC." Sledgehammer is the lead developer on those three versions of the game, while High Moon Studios is working on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Wii U isn't a platform strongly associated with Call of Duty, but both of the series' games released since 2012--Black Ops II and Ghosts--were released on Wii U.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-not-coming-to-wii-u-/1100-6421834/

Legend

Hopefully it means no wii u day one...

ethomaz

Hopefully it means no wii u day one...

You know there is a Day Zero edition for AW  8)

7H3

hmm wii u doom confirmed?
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

DD_Bwest

didnt ghost like only sell 200k on the wiiu?

Xevross

I doubt WiiU owners care. Any COD fans that are out there have an xbox or PS

Silverf0x

I'm more concerned with how Platinum's Legend of Korra game isn't coming to Wii U. A system that, by the time Korra is released, would already have two exclusive games by Platinum. :o

"It was an Activision decision... to only ever release Skylanders on Wii U."
The only thing to fear is fear incarnated as a Japanese schoolgirl.

ethomaz

I doubt WiiU owners care. Any COD fans that are out there have an xbox or PS

CoD always sold reasonable in Wii U.

I do think a port is a good decision... maybe they do that in the future.

ethomaz

I'm more concerned with how Platinum's Legend of Korra game isn't coming to Wii U. A system that, by the time Korra is released, would already have two exclusive games by Platinum. :o

"It was an Activision decision... to only ever release Skylanders on Wii U."

I think you need to look the publisher and not the dev :)

Silverf0x

I think you need to look the publisher and not the dev :)

I'm aware it's being published by Activision. My point is, Activision is so against the Wii U now that they won't release games that likely would do well on the platform.

Raven

I'm aware it's being published by Activision. My point is, Activision is so against the Wii U now that they won't release games that likely would do well on the platform.

Just like the other Call of Duty titles, they would likely only sell a couple hundred thousand on the Wii U.

Silverf0x

Just like the other Call of Duty titles, they would likely only sell a couple hundred thousand on the Wii U.

My statement wasn't about Advanced Warfare.

Raven

My statement wasn't about Advanced Warfare.

Oh crud. Nevermind. Carry on!