PS4 is the most innovative 8th gen console by a mile. haters be damned!

Started by Legend, Aug 18, 2014, 07:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

darkknightkryta

They compare them because they don't understand what makes share play innovative.

It's not that you can play your friend's games, but how you play your friend's games.

Yuppers

Dr. Pezus

So all you care about is controversy?

He is admitting to flamebait

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

I don't think people understand just how "innovative" that Share Play feature truly is.  Though I have no idea why people are comparing game sharing (Which the PS3 had way before Microsoft announced their family plan) with it.

Share play was the feature that most excited me at the reveal. I understood its innovation straight away! ;D

Silverf0x

As far as gameplay innovations go, Share Play is definitely cool. VR isn't even available yet, so I wouldn't count it. :P

But yeah, I agree. Microsoft dropped the ball with One's Kinect integration, and Nintendo has hardly used the GamePad's touted innovations and superfluous features.

Or maybe I don't agree, because my definition of console extends to handhelds, and the 3DS is super nifty.
The only thing to fear is fear incarnated as a Japanese schoolgirl.

ethomaz

As far as gameplay innovations go, Share Play is definitely cool. VR isn't even available yet, so I wouldn't count it. :P

But yeah, I agree. Microsoft dropped the ball with One's Kinect integration, and Nintendo has hardly used the GamePad's touted innovations and superfluous features.

Or maybe I don't agree, because my definition of console extends to handhelds, and the 3DS is super nifty.

People always say Nintendo dropped the ball with Wii U but is it the same case of 3DS?

It have sales and games but it cools features are not being used.

Silverf0x

People always say Nintendo dropped the ball with Wii U but is it the same case of 3DS?

It have sales and games but it cools features are not being used.

StreetPass gets used.

Legend

StreetPass gets used.

StreetPass is cool, but the Wii U can easily one up it with Miiverse.

Wii U > 3DS as far as innovation?

Silverf0x

Nah. Miiverse implementation adds little to the actual game, whereas games have been made using StreetPass as a central mechanic.

darkknightkryta

Technically as far as innovation goes, they're both the same.  Nintendo is innovating controllers and handhelds again.  As far as creativity goes, the 3DS slightly.  Like the  Wii U Pad is nothing more than the second screen from the DS (vs the stylist [wii-mote] from the DS) thus not doing anything new.  The 3D is technically an addition thus new.  Therefore the 3DS is more creative.

Go Up