Religion

Started by Raven, Aug 14, 2014, 02:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

What do you believe or disbelieve? Let's keep this civil. I think we can at least have some discussion that doesn't degrade into stupidity and name calling since we're all friends here. If it gets out of hand we'll just lock it.

Dr. Pezus

I am not religious. Used to be Christian I guess since my family is Christian and most people in Iceland are Christian and so I was born into a Christian society.

Raven

I am not religious. Used to be Christian I guess since my family is Christian and most people in Iceland are Christian and so I was born into a Christian society.

Might I ask why you decided you were no longer Christian?

Dr. Pezus

Might I ask why you decided you were no longer Christian?

It was a gradual change. I grew up and thought more and more about why I should believe in a god and decided that I didn't need to or want to.

Raven

It was a gradual change. I grew up and thought more and more about why I should believe in a god and decided that I didn't need to or want to.

Does something like that cause friction with other people in Iceland for you? I hear that Europe has increasingly moved away from strict religious adherence.

Gooch_Suplex_Hold

I believe in God. So there. :P

Dr. Pezus

Does something like that cause friction with other people in Iceland for you? I hear that Europe has increasingly moved away from strict religious adherence.

Not at all. Most people of the younger generation seem to be not religious at all. But many might still say they are Christian/believe in god. Heck, I sometimes get into light arguments with my family because they think it's ridiculous I don't pray when in church (weddings, funerals etc.) and stuff, but they NEVER go to church or do anything that is religious except when they're invited. They say they believe in god but it's really just due to tradition. It's probably similar with many others in Iceland who claim to be Christian

the-pi-guy

I believe in Gooch.  Go Gooch!  Go!
You can do it Gooch! 

I think I'll keep my stuff to myself though.  :)

Dr. Pezus

I believe that gooch believes in god.

Legend

I'm Lutheran, but that's it for me in this thread.

It's not really a topic I like to discuss on the internet. Come see me in person, then we can chat ;)

Dr. Pezus

You can do it Gooch! 

What a tease

Raven

You can do it Gooch! 

Don't be shy, Pi-Guy!

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Don't be shy, Pi-Guy!

I'd like to leave most of this in private.
My dad's side of the family is Lutheran, and my immediate family was raised Lutheran, my mom's side of the family is kind of all over the place.  I think a few are atheists even, or agnostic, and some are Christian. 

Gooch_Suplex_Hold

TIL that Pezus is an Atheist. 

Go Up