Let's design a forum!

Started by Legend, May 02, 2014, 10:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

The heck happened to you?

People should think twice before saying hate and Legend in the same sentence.

Dr. Pezus

People should think twice before saying hate and Legend in the same sentence.

Lol.
Also, accept Riderz!!

Dr. Pezus

Here's an idea: (Slightly) Larger avatars!

7H3

I suggest the vizioneck be split and moved to the top of the page. The split would be website feedback, and moderation feedback which could go into a feedback section at the bottom of the page. After the site is 60-75% completion change primary topic 1 "Let's design it together" to "Site News" and lock 'em down. Further suggestions, at that point in time for the forum/website should be directed to the appropriate section.
Also perhaps it would be nice to create a multimedia section for discussing music, movies, anime, comics?...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

Here's an idea: (Slightly) Larger avatars!

Done. Re-upload for it to take effect.

I suggest the vizioneck be split and moved to the top of the page. The split would be website feedback, and moderation feedback which could go into a feedback section at the bottom of the page. After the site is 60-75% completion change primary topic 1 "Let's design it together" to "Site News" and lock 'em down. Further suggestions, at that point in time for the forum/website should be directed to the appropriate section.
Also perhaps it would be nice to create a multimedia section for discussing music, movies, anime, comics?...

So the top section would have stuff about designing the forum, and the bottom would be feedback?

7H3

yeah for now... or keep it all at the bottom but add a site news section along with the rules to the top... I would lock the Legal TOS and rules stuff though. Site news and announcements don't necessarily need to be locked. and when the forum grows to over 100+ people it would be better to have dedicated news posters that can create a thread in the gaming news area. I don't know how the MOD/ADmin CP is set up with this board, but you could potentially create dozens of different jobs for modding specific sections or creating threads and stuff like that.

Legend

yeah for now... or keep it all at the bottom but add a site news section along with the rules to the top... I would lock the Legal TOS and rules stuff though. Site news and announcements don't necessarily need to be locked. and when the forum grows to over 100+ people it would be better to have dedicated news posters that can create a thread in the gaming news area. I don't know how the MOD/ADmin CP is set up with this board, but you could potentially create dozens of different jobs for modding specific sections or creating threads and stuff like that.

It might take some time, but I have the power to set up anything. The code for the forum is open-source and as a result can be modified as needed.

Legend

7H3

yeah... Maybe this one should be in the feedback though I dunno... good to keep it on top for now I s'pose so ppl might contribute more actively
first site news could be public launch date

Legend

yeah... Maybe this one should be in the feedback though I dunno... good to keep it on top for now I s'pose so ppl might contribute more actively
first site news could be public launch date

Well if we're to do that, then I need to close of guests from browsing the forum.

7H3

might not be a bad idea... if you don't want random people viewing as ppl have been dropping hints about the site on vgc

Legend

might not be a bad idea... if you don't want random people viewing as ppl have been dropping hints about the site on vgc

It is done.

7H3

darkknightkryta

So it will, be easier to add a theme and start molding it since copying a theme is a pain the arse. I'm going to start playing around when I get some free time today.

Raven

So it will, be easier to add a theme and start molding it since copying a theme is a pain the arse. I'm going to start playing around when I get some free time today.

Sweet. The forum just looks too plain right now.

Go Up