Will Watch_Dogs Legion or AC Valhalla handle player driven gameplay better?

Started by Legend, May 18, 2020, 05:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

AC odyssey gave players a whole bunch of freedom. They added dialogue choices, have procedural bounty hunters, many procedural quests, a full war simulation for every region, and freeform assassination targets. I do not know if valhalla will scale these systems back or add more, but we do at least know that you can build a town.

WD Legion seems like it's the clear winner with every npc being playable but I worry this will be surface level. It looks like the game has a central hand made story and player characters will just act like the custom characters we are used to with character creators. Only difference will be procedural missions and systems for adding them to your roster.

So which game do you expect to have more/better player driven procedural gameplay?

I was really excited for Legion because it looked so limitless but now I'm worried it'll play like a regular game. I could see Valhalla doing it better. Maybe the town building will be as great as mgsv's.

BananaKing

AC odyssey has so many systems true but they feel very shallow and added in for the sake of making the scale of the world huge rather than an attempt at adding true depth to the games world, lore and story.

I like legions idea because it feels so original in a sense. It might be shallow, but it's a first attempt at trying something new that other open worlds dont do.