The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

IGN: Currently, No New Titanfall Game in the Works, 2019 Game is Potentially Cancelled | ResetEra

There are no Titanfall games in development right now - suggesting a Titanfall game teased last year may have been cancelled - but Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella wants to make a new game happen.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Last year, Zampella teased that there would be more Titanfall coming in 2019, with EA CEO Andrew Wilson subsequently mentioning a premium Titanfall game that would be a "twist on the franchise". It's possible that teased game isn't being developed by one of the studios Zampella is responsible for and has been delayed, but it seems more likely to have been cancelled.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
This was the tweet, they are referring too.

https://www.ign.com/articles/titanfall-3-no-games-in-development-cancelled  

kitler53

the sales of titanfall 2 weren't total crud but they also weren't very good.   to me it is a bit like killzone,.. even if the game is good the franchise should be abandoned because a good new IP has a lot more sales potential then another entry in an unpopular franchise.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

The Witcher 3 lowered in price to $14.98 on Epic Games Store, making it ineligible for current $10 promotion | ResetEra

This is being discussed in the thread for the promotion, but I felt it warranted its own discussion.

As reported by Wario64:

Basically, since the $10 coupon only works on games $14.99 and up, The Witcher 3 has been rendered ineligible. No word on who made the change, but it was probably CD Projekt Red (since IIRC WB Games only published the console releases).  
That's pretty dumb. Launched today at $14.99. Price changed to $14.98 just hours later so that the Epic store coupon can't be used on it.

Legend

Legend

Serious Sam 4 - Video Premiere - 20th May 17:00 GMT | ResetEra

Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass - Video premiere on 20th May!

www.serioussam.com   Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass  Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass reignites the classic series on a BRUTALLY BIGGER SCALE and takes you on an adventure full of bullets, guts and one-liners.   www.serioussam.com www.serioussam.com    

Croteam  
Description
 Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass reignites the classic series and takes you on an adventure full of bullets, guts, and one-liners.

About the Game
 Developed by true shooter veterans in Croteam, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass reignites the classic series by improving on the old-school formula. Enjoy the high-adrenaline action combat with an unbelievably destructive arsenal and experience Sam's iconic enemy-annihilating circle-strafing and backpedaling dance-routine on an even bigger scale.

Features
  • CLOSE QUARTERS AND MASSIVE BATTLEFIELDS - Serious Sam has always been about crazy action in both huge open spaces and more streamlined arenas. This time it's no different. However, alongside those smaller arenas, for the first time in series history Serious Sam 4 debuts individual massive 128 x 128 km levels.
  • LEGION SYSTEM - EPIC HORDES OF ENEMIES - Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass debuts brand new enemy hordes scaled to match its terrain size. Fight through thousands upon thousands of relentless foes, both those that defined the franchise like Kamikaze and Kleer and those ready to become iconic in the future.
  • WITH A TWIST OF THE WRIST - To help you cover more ground easily, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass features a set of cool and fun vehicles. Get your driving skills ready and jump on a motorcycle, a combine harvester or even a bulletproof popemobile and drive your way through unfortunate enemy pedestrians.
  • CLASSIC SAM IS BACK - Despite the huge terrains and vast open spaces, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass is NOT an open world game. Fans will once again get to enjoy that circle-strafing, backpedaling, linear action gameplay they have come to love but on brutally bigger scale.
  • WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM A FRIEND - Companions no longer appear only in cut-scenes, but are taking part in the action. Rodriguez, Jones, Hellfire and the rest of the crew are joining Sam in this epic journey through Planet Badass. However, Sam is still very much a one-man-army hero you met all those years ago.

Dr. Pezus

Fml missed the free GTAV on EGS. HOWEVER, civ 6 is now free!

Legend

PC Gamer: Ubisoft says Trackmania is not subscription-based, you just pay for it multiple times | ResetEra

www.pcgamer.com   Ubisoft says Trackmania is not subscription-based, you just pay for it multiple times  Some Trackmania fans are unhappy with the pricing scheme on the upcoming reboot.   www.pcgamer.com www.pcgamer.com    
"Actually it's not a subscription model but an access to the game for a limited time. You pay for having access to the game for one period and that's it," a Ubisoft rep wrote. "When the time is over, you have to buy the game again for the time that you want to access it again."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
I don't understand how or why anyone would think this is anything but a subscription model. As mentioned in the article, this is like "surprise mechanics" all over again.

It's a very creative way to describe a subscription without calling it a subscription, and predictably it hasn't smoothed the waters: Several redditors in this thread equate the response to EA's 2019 description of loot boxes in videogames as "surprise mechanics."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Game companies are gonna put The Hard Drive out of business by the end of the year.  

kitler53

PC Gamer: Ubisoft says Trackmania is not subscription-based, you just pay for it multiple times | ResetEra
I don't understand how or why anyone would think this is anything but a subscription model. As mentioned in the article, this is like "surprise mechanics" all over again.
Game companies are gonna put The Hard Drive out of business by the end of the year.  
from what i read that is not a subscription model.  a subscription is where you pay a recurring monthly rate for unlimited access during that time period whether you use the product or not.   Netflix is a subscription because i pay my $10 bucks even on the months i don't watch any netflix.

this is you pay nothing when you are not using the product but you have to pay every time you do use it.  I would say this is more of a "rental" fee then a subscription.

i don't know anything about trackmania but i feel like this model can make sense for a certain subset of games.  specifically party games.  i don't want to pay $60 for mario party because i'd only play it like twice.  but I would pay a $5 rental fee twice for the 2 times I play the game on those specific days i am having a party.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

"It's not a subscription, it just works exactly like one."

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

the sales of titanfall 2 weren't total crud but they also weren't very good.   to me it is a bit like killzone,.. even if the game is good the franchise should be abandoned because a good new IP has a lot more sales potential then another entry in an unpopular franchise.
Not gonna lie, I saw like 10 copies of Titanfall 2 for Xbox One at the dollar store for 2 bucks.  I have a feeling EA lost a lot of money on it.

Legend

the-pi-guy

On a Tom Scott binge?
I watch his videos fairly frequently.  They're not too long that I can watch them while eating breakfast or while doing something else.  

Legend

I watch his videos fairly frequently.  They're not too long that I can watch them while eating breakfast or while doing something else.  
Just funny seeing an older video pop up.

Probably the thing I love most about Tom Scott is that he's like the PBS of the internet (I know PBS has their own great youtube shows).

the-pi-guy

Just funny seeing an older video pop up.

Probably the thing I love most about Tom Scott is that he's like the PBS of the internet (I know PBS has their own great youtube shows).
YouTube suggested this one like a month ago.  

Go Up