Which game had the most wasted potential?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Mar 10, 2019, 01:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

Mar 11, 2019, 02:46 PM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019, 03:01 PM by kitler53
LBP3 is an easy answer. 1 and 2 were great. 3 could have brought a lot of new things to the table thanks to next gen, but instead it added tons of gimmicky elements that didn't improve anything. Plus it had lots of glitches.

Ryse son of rome also comes to mind. If it was just a bit better it could have been a big new franchise for Xbox.
LBP 3 was pushed to a low teir developer so MM could move on to dreams.  i don't think it ever had a ton of "potential".   it's more just disappointing they took a game as established as LBP and iced it up.  they didn't have to do much other than port LBP 2 to ps4 and create a new campaign. 

The Order.
It had moments that felt ripped out of Uncharted 2, except it didn't know how to execute those moments. If it had, I think it would have been a vastly better game.  And if they fixed it's other issues, I daresay it could've been one of the best games of the generation .
i really liked the order.  i was hoping for a sequel .  the game had a really good atmosphere/world design and a strong gameplay foundation.  they just spent a bit too much time of "fabric physics" and not enough time on building a meaty campaign.  it was too short.  the enemy variety lacked a bit.  a bit high on the cut scene to gameplay ratio.   but it had soo many good things going for it.

so yeah,.. lots of wasted potential there. 

my vote is for knack.

i don't have anything nice to say about knack itself expect that sony put a significant investment in to building a new IP that has a kid friendly atheistic instead of the grimy/realistic atheistic you see in the rest of their portfolio: uncharted, GoW, TLoU, the order, days gone, ect.

the world would be a better place if playstation had a few more "rachet and clank"s or "spyro"s or "crash team recing"s.  knack was terrible.  we deserved a game from sony in that vain but doesn't suck.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens