Will NextBox and PS5 affect Switch sales?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 14, 2019, 06:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

DerNebel

Xevross

Don't think so. Nintendo has managed to make a different market for itself.

Legend

Yes.

It's essentially impossible for it to not have at least some affect  ::)

Answering seriously, it depends on what gimmicks PS5 and nextbox use. If they are just slightly stronger systems, then they might increase switch sales. If they have portableness, then they might decrease switch sales.

the-pi-guy

On the one hand, I think it is unlikely to have too much of an impact because of how different it is.  

On the other hand, I wonder if part of it's success is because it's something largely new at a time when the other systems are getting old.  

I think overall little impact.  It is mostly up to Nintendo to keep up what they have done.  

darkknightkryta

It think it can affect things.  Switch can barely handle Xbox One ports as it is.  If the Xbox One is going to handle cross gen games about as well as a Switch handles cross gen games (I can't phrase this better), then the Switch is going to get cut off from multiplatform development.  This has been happening with Nintendo for the last 10ish years so how will that affects things currently?  I really don't know.  I don't know how multiplatform titles are performing on  the Switch.  If the Switch is selling solely on Nintendo games, then it won't affect much.  If it's selling on a combination of games, then it will be affected.