Twisty Puzzle Simulator OT: piece by piece

Started by Legend, Oct 23, 2018, 03:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Nice! Are you adding new Trophies for the new Campaign?  Also, are the Emojis in the Dodecahedron puzzle a hidden code or just a texture? The :) :( at the end make it look like the O X ending to all of the codes ;)
I can't add any more trophies since I'm already at the max amount. Current trophies do a decent job of showing progress through the campaign though so I think it's fine. Also the next next update will add leaderboards and global statistics. I think I'll do something cool where it has a live leaderboard showing everyone working towards 150 stars.

The emojis are just a texture. The extra sticker colors on the Dodecahedron cannot be modified in the game menu so I wanted to do everything I could to make sure a color blind player could distinguish them.

xaex

I can't add any more trophies since I'm already at the max amount. Current trophies do a decent job of showing progress through the campaign though so I think it's fine. Also the next next update will add leaderboards and global statistics. I think I'll do something cool where it has a live leaderboard showing everyone working towards 150 stars.

The emojis are just a texture. The extra sticker colors on the Dodecahedron cannot be modified in the game menu so I wanted to do everything I could to make sure a color blind player could distinguish them.
Ah I see, so you can also earn the Trophies through the new Campaign as well? The learerboards sound fun.

Thanks for the heads up on the Dodecahedron texture, no need to try and decipher it. The only thing I can't figure out now (besides the last few codes) is what the ". . ." means on the 2x2x2 when you zoom the camera all the way out.

I'm still seriously addicted to this game. I try to play other games, but always seem to navigate back for a quick Twisty Puzzle fix ;D
Now that you have a Switch, have you given any thought of a Switch version with optional touch screen controls?

Legend

Ah I see, so you can also earn the Trophies through the new Campaign as well? The learerboards sound fun.

Thanks for the heads up on the Dodecahedron texture, no need to try and decipher it. The only thing I can't figure out now (besides the last few codes) is what the ". . ." means on the 2x2x2 when you zoom the camera all the way out.

I'm still seriously addicted to this game. I try to play other games, but always seem to navigate back for a quick Twisty Puzzle fix ;D
Now that you have a Switch, have you given any thought of a Switch version with optional touch screen controls?

Yes the trophies are just based off solving specific puzzles so they work for the campaign too.

Those dots will take a long, long, long time to figure out. It's inspired by classic Jonathan Blow puzzles.

Thanks for liking it!

Right now I'm focused on getting this update out, releasing in Europe on PS4, releasing on Steam, and getting the next update out that adds leaderboards. No plans for switch at the moment.

xaex

Those dots will take a long, long, long time to figure out. It's inspired by classic Jonathan Blow puzzles.
Nice, the first thing that came to mind when you said that was:
╔═══╗   ╔═══╗

╝   ╚═══╝   ╚

;)

Legend

Quick update since I haven't said anything for a few days.

The Adventure Update with the campaign will probably be released within the next two weeks.

The European release is still waiting on age ratings.

The PC release is also coming along. It will be available for Windows but I'm also evaluating Mac and Linux.

Legend

One of the puzzles being added in the update is a pentultimate.

Dr. Pezus

I have a gift from your friend SWORDF1SH:

Winter arrives every year, that much is known.
A new game every year, you will treasure and own.

Legend

I have a gift from your friend SWORDF1SH:

Winter arrives every year, that much is known.
A new game every year, you will treasure and own.
Winter is cold, that is also a fact.
What does this mean, and do you like my hat?

Dr. Pezus

Winter is cold, that is also a fact.
What does this mean, and do you like my hat?
I'm a fortune teller! SWORDF1SH hired me to tell your fortune

xaex

NICE! Will it be unlocked from the start or via a code?

Legend

NICE! Will it be unlocked from the start or via a code?
All additional puzzles will be accessed from either the campaign or with codes. It is impossible to add more puzzles to the current puzzle select screen since they take a lot of resources to render.

However since the campaign has now taken over as the primary way to casually play the game, I might redo the puzzle select screen in a future update. I could make it more compact and text focused so that every puzzle is listed. Codes would then only be used to unlock the puzzle for the first time instead of every time.

xaex

All additional puzzles will be accessed from either the campaign or with codes. It is impossible to add more puzzles to the current puzzle select screen since they take a lot of resources to render.

However since the campaign has now taken over as the primary way to casually play the game, I might redo the puzzle select screen in a future update. I could make it more compact and text focused so that every puzzle is listed. Codes would then only be used to unlock the puzzle for the first time instead of every time.
In the current version of the game, are the puzzles on the selection screen the models used for the playable puzzles or a simplified version for display purposes?

Legend

In the current version of the game, are the puzzles on the selection screen the models used for the playable puzzles or a simplified version for display purposes?
They are simplified and baked into a single mesh for each puzzle. They also use a simplified lighting model.

Legend

January 24th is looking good. It should be locked in on Monday.

Legend

Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update new environment
Twisty Puzzle Simulator Adventure Update overworld

Getting close! I never expected the game to end up like this but it's amazing how everything has turned out.

Go Up