Xbox Series X previews Live!

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 28, 2020, 12:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

No it's not.
PS1 games were playable on PS3, PSP, PSV.  PSP digital titles were similarly playable on PSV.  

There is absolutely no reason to suspect they will separate your library into PS4 titles you bought on PS4 and PS4 titles you bought on PS5.  Particularly when that's how physical works and particularly when there's a single PS store and PSN.  You aren't going to buy a PS4 game on your PC and have to decide if you want to add it to your PS4 library or your PS5 library.
Ps1 was not a digital console. But you're right about psp and psv. Most people don't know how it was in the past though and need this cleared up.

the-pi-guy

I really don't think so.

If Sony says you will be able to play your digital PS4 titles, I don't think the average consumer is going to have enough know how to suggest that a separation is even possible.

the-pi-guy

Series S storage is going to be horrid.  

Probably something along the lines of 350 GB. Even with "lower resolution  textures" like they're promising. That's not going to take a lot of times.  

Ps1 was not a digital console. But you're right about psp and psv. Most people don't know how it was in the past though and need this cleared up.
I meant the PS One classics on PSN. They were transferable between all 3 platforms. No reason to expect it'll change here.

Dr. Pezus

I really don't think so.

If Sony says you will be able to play your digital PS4 titles, I don't think the average consumer is going to have enough know how to suggest that a separation is even possible.
But I'm asking if they have said that? I didn't see it myself

I wonder: will they do anything for those who buy the digital edition but have lots of physical ps4 games?

Go Up