Black Ops Cold War now lots of info

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 25, 2020, 10:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Aug 25, 2020, 10:07 AM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2020, 06:29 PM by the-pi-guy
Black Ops Cold War Editions revealed - Standard, Cross-Gen, and Ultimate Editions | ResetEra

So doesnt seem like we get free upgrades.

All three editions include access to the beta with a pre-order and access to the Frank Woods Operator in Modern Warfare and Warzone. The Standard and Cross-Gen also include a Confrontation Weapons Pack.

The Standard Edition is the base edition available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

Cross-Gen Edition includes the the base game but also the current-gen and next-gen versions of the game. This means Activision does not plan to offer free upgrades, but rather make users buy this edition to get both versions.

Includes Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game (current-gen version and next-gen version when it launches) and Confrontation Weapons Pack. Pre-order and receive early access to the Open Beta and additional MW and WZ content.  Click to expand... Click to shrink... 
There's also an Ultimate Edition, which includes the cross gen bundle and bonus content for Black Ops Cold War. (via CODTracker).

Here's what the Ultimate Edition includes:

The Ultimate Edition is packed full of content and delivers the best value for fans. Contents include:

• Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game
  • Note: console versions include current-gen version and next-gen version when it launches
  • Land, Sea and Air Pack
    • 3 Operator Skins
    • 3 Vehicle Skins
    • 3 Weapon Blueprints
  • Battle Pass Bundle (1 Season Battle Pass + 20 Tier Skips)***
  • Confrontation Weapons Pack
Pre-order and receive:

• Early access to the Open Beta
  • Iconic Operator Frank Woods and an assault rifle Weapon Blueprint for immediate use in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® and Call of Duty®: Warzone™
  • 10 Tier Skips for immediate use in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® and Call of Duty®: Warzone™
Click to expand... Click to shrink... 
[/size]

the-pi-guy

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Description Leaked - Direct Sequel to Black Ops 1 | ResetEra

Just in from Charles Intelligence.
The iconic Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War - the direct sequel to the original and fan-favorite Call of Duty®: Black Ops.

Black Ops Cold War will drop fans into the depths of the Cold War's volatile geopolitical battle of the early 1980s. Nothing is ever as it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign, where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more.

As elite operatives, you will follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who is on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new cast of operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making.

Beyond the Campaign, players will bring a Cold War arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences.

Welcome to the brink. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/size]

Legend

Was black ops 2 not a sequel?

Cross gen has been funky. I don't know if they need to be free, but this time around pubs don't know what to do.

kitler53

Cross gen has been funky. I don't know if they need to be free, but this time around pubs don't know what to do.
to a certain extent i'll bet publishers are not super happy with BC from this to next gen.  i'm not sure if it is significant or not,..  but i'll bet publishers think next gen ports create a significant amount a revenue in double dippers.  publishers are losing that source of income now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Black Ops 2 was.

This seems to either be a redirection for the series or it's between BO1 and BO2.  

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I kind of figured the sticking point was there is going to be a bigger push for $70 games next gen.  

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Raven Software is the developer for COD: Black Ops Cold War single player campaign News | ResetEra

After years of supporting COD MP and maps they are finally getting a shot for something big!

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is a direct sequel to my favorite Call of Duty campaign ever: 2010's Black Ops 1 (that JFK twist, you guys!). It's set in 1981 at the height of the Cold War, Mason returns as a non-playable character, and it's out on November 13 - just in time for the expected release dates of the PS5 and Xbox Series X. As if that wasn't enough to get me excited, this new campaign is being developed by the criminally underutilized Raven Software.

Raven, you see, hasn't made an original game since 2010's underrated (and woefully under-marketed) Singularity, instead being relegated to Call of Duty support studio status by its Activision overlords for the past decade. The studio is incredibly talented, with an almost-30-year track record that includes absolute gems such as Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast, Heretic, Hexen, and Soldier of Fortune. And so, in short, I am pumped up for this campaign (Treyarch will be handling multiplayer development, with more details to come later), and I got to see a few snippets of it running on PlayStation 5.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
www.ign.com   Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War First Preview: Mason Returns in Black Ops 1 Sequel - IGN  Raven and Treyarch team up for the 1981-set follow-up to Call of Duty's best campaign ever.   www.ign.com www.ign.com      
[/size]

the-pi-guy

Washington Post: Black Ops Cold War campaign has a customized silent protagonist and a "Classified" option for non-binary players. | ResetEra

The series also moves us back to a silent protagonist role, one that can be customized to a degree. Players can pick between three genders: male, female or "classified." The "classified" classification is meant for anyone who might be non-binary or doesn't want to identify a gender. The "classified" designation is also applicable to other fields in the bio form as well. The thinking from the developers is that rather than forcing players into a decision they don't want to make, people will appreciate the feeling of being shrouded in mystery and letting their imagination define their character. The developers also rerecorded dialogue to use them/they pronouns for the "classified" gender. Other character options include incidental background details that don't affect gameplay, like place of birth, and your military background.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
More details here:
  https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/08/26/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-campaign-reveal/   
[/size]

the-pi-guy

Open Beta confirmed for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, 5+ days on PS4 before other platforms News | ResetEra

At the end of the trailer on the official PlayStation YouTube channel:

*Available on PlayStation at least 5 days earlier than any other format  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
No specific dates yet, but with the Multiplayer reveal being on September 9th I'll guess we'll know then.  
[/size]

the-pi-guy

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Campaign informations: Customizable protagonist, Multiple endings, more open level design. News | ResetEra

"Black Ops: Cold War" is a direct sequel to one of the most celebrated single-player campaigns in the franchise, and this is shaping up to be the most story-heavy campaign in the entire 17-year history of the series. "Call of Duty" stories can mostly be appreciated as thrilling tales about the "boots on the ground" experience.

And although the "Call of Duty" series has always dabbled in conspiracies, it's a core theme for the 2020 update at a time when conspiracy talk has dotted discussion around the upcoming U.S. presidential election.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Reagan activates the Black Ops team, including a mix of old and new characters, to uncover Perseus, an elusive Soviet agent who threatens the foundations of democracy. In real life, Perseus is believed to be a Soviet spy who breached the Manhattan Project and gave the U.S.S.R. America's nuclear secrets. Their identity was never learned. This game appears to be all about solving that puzzle and filling that gap in history.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"Cold War" seems to expand on this even more with branching story paths, promising multiple endings. Bunting would not say how many, and also didn't want to promise a plethora of endings. Beyond that, Bunting also promised that "Black Ops" will keep the series identity of being the hallucinatory, experimental brother of the "Modern Warfare" series

The mission featured doors dropping out of nowhere, which made for a disturbing, twisted combat scenario unlike anything we've seen since "Spec Ops: The Line." Bunting also said that it's not the only mission in Vietnam, a tantalizing tidbit for fans of the first game. Another intriguing mission found us in Ukraine, where the Black Ops team finds a secret training facility made to look like an American suburb. The ensuing bloodbath is backed by 1980s pop and neon lights, and looks to be an early highlight for the campaign.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
The series also moves us back to a silent protagonist role, one that can be customized to a degree. Players can pick between three genders: male, female or "classified." The "classified" classification is meant for anyone who might be nonbinary or doesn't want to identify a gender. The "classified" designation is also applicable to other fields in the bio form as well. The thinking from the developers is that rather than forcing players into a decision they don't want to make, people will appreciate the feeling of being shrouded in mystery and letting their imagination define their character. The developers also rerecorded dialogue to use them/they pronouns for the "classified" gender. Other character options include incidental background details that don't affect gameplay, like place of birth, and your military background.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...l-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-campaign-reveal/  
[/size]

the-pi-guy

Legend

Aug 26, 2020, 06:40 PM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2020, 06:55 PM by Legend
Looks like cod. I bought Ghosts, maybe I'll end up getting this one too just for next gen.

edt: if it's $70 for the PS5 version even without PS4, I'm out.

the-pi-guy

Aug 26, 2020, 07:14 PM Last Edit: Aug 26, 2020, 07:26 PM by the-pi-guy
Looks like cod. I bought Ghosts, maybe I'll end up getting this one too just for next gen.

edt: if it's $70 for the PS5 version even without PS4, I'm out.
I'm not completely sure.

Seems like the PS5 version might just be PS4 + PS5 bundled.

If that's not the case, I can't find a PS5 only price announced anywhere.

Oh, there's an Era thread already.

Activision confirms they will be increasing the price of next-gen standard editions to $69.99, starting with Call of Duty News | ResetEra

Source: charlieINTEL

Activision has confirmed that the Standard Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on next-gen will be priced higher than the current-generation standard editions.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
For almost 15 years now, standard editions of games have been $59.99 for players, with almost all companies offering higher and premium editions for different prices.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Activision has now confirmed they will be increasing the price of the Standard Edition of next-generation games for their franchise starting with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The "Standard Edition" for next-gen will include a copy for current-gen users who want to play on that version too.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Pretty significant news I'd say. Will probably be the new normal in a few years with major publishers like Take-Two and Activison already pushing for this.  
[/size]