General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Power is out again.
Your power seems to go out a lot.  :o

I think I saw like 2 power outages last year and that was it I think.

Legend

Your power seems to go out a lot.  :o

I think I saw like 2 power outages last year and that was it I think.
It does. This is seemingly from the heat though. Normally it happens during winter snow storms.

Legend

Jul 20, 2019, 02:47 AM Last Edit: Jul 20, 2019, 03:31 AM by Legend
Power is out again.

the-pi-guy

Jul 20, 2019, 03:44 AM Last Edit: Jul 20, 2019, 03:46 AM by the-pi-guy
I've never been so terrified of bad weather. 

Tree fell down in our back yard.  Took out neighbors power line. 

AC unit was letting water in.  Pulled it out, and it dumped a lot of water into the house. 

It's also 80 degrees in the house.  And we need power to keep the fan running.

Legend

I've never been so terrified of bad weather.  

Tree fell down in our back yard.  Took out neighbors power line.  

AC unit was letting water in.  Pulled it out, and it dumped a lot of water into the house.  

It's also 80 degrees in the house.  And we need power to keep the fan running.
That's rough but hey, at least you still have power if I read that right!  ;D Nothing sucks more than being the only house without power.

Do you have a generator? A small one could be a good backup just for keeping one room cooled.

And my power is now back  8)

Xevross

Don't think I've experienced a power outage for years. I guess power is much more secure in cities.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Last night I had a dream that I was a Naruto character and that I was fighting and holding my own against 6 other characters.  

Except there were times when my abilities didn't work.  

Stay safe!
We are doing well.  We got lucky.  It's kind of insane how bad the storms were.  

I don't know if I've ever seen so much damage over such a large area in my life.  

the-pi-guy

Had a Bioshock-esque dream.  I don't remember much anymore.  :(

Was fighting some bad guys.  Healing in game was injecting blood vials.  The blood vials were brought by a tiny elf like creature from some vault.  Except the second time he got it from the boss I was fighting.  

Legend

I had a dream I was in a VR warehouse playing an FPS game. I pushed a car to give my team cover and got us into their flag zone. It had bombs on the ground but I could jump high enough to dodge their explosions. I found their computer with the launch codes (the flag) and used a special knife to cut the lock wire off it. Then I started running back to our area, but I misunderstood the game and that was all we needed to do to win. Also the knife was a real knife and the employees had to quickly run out to make sure I didn't stab anyone.

Xevross

UK might get a new record temperature this week. Highest ever recorded was 38.5C in London in 2003. Thursday is forecast to reach 38C right now. I'm going to Germany on thursday and its gonna be 40 when I land, I'm gonna melt. It reached 29 around me today and that was hot enough.

Dr. Pezus

I'm on Tenerife and it's "only" 26-29 degrees here. Lucky

the-pi-guy

I'm on Tenerife and it's "only" 26-29 degrees here. Lucky
It's 29 degrees right now. :(

Gotta love when I live.  Where it's 10 degrees colder than Iceland during the winter and 13 degrees warmer in the summer.

All in celsius...  

Dr. Pezus

It's 29 degrees right now. :(

Gotta love when I live.  Where it's 10 degrees colder than Iceland during the winter and 13 degrees warmer in the summer.

All in celsius...  

Sounds horrible

Go Up