Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Nothing cool like that in Iceland  :o

Xevross

Got the plat for Astro. Loved it from start to finish, wish it was longer. 2 plats and a new PS5, pretty awesome day for me.

Demon's Souls looks unbelievable in cinematic mode, performance mode feels so much smoother to play and still looks really great though.

Dr. Pezus

Got the plat for Astro. Loved it from start to finish, wish it was longer. 2 plats and a new PS5, pretty awesome day for me.

Demon's Souls looks unbelievable in cinematic mode, performance mode feels so much smoother to play and still looks really great though.
2 plats?

Xevross

Nov 20, 2020, 12:05 AM Last Edit: Nov 20, 2020, 12:14 AM by Xevross
2 plats?
I finished up the Miles Morales plat on PS4 when I was waiting for the delivery.

Speaking of,  what orientation does everyone have theirs in?

I had mine vertical for a bit, but turned it horizontal.  I like horizontal better
I have mine vertical next to the TV, it looks great.

The Dualsense absolutely blew me away, the triggers are phenomenal and I can't wait to use them in more games that design them well. The haptics are extremely good too, but not so mind bending.

I love the UI, its so smooth and looks great. Have yet to properly dive into activity cards and other things but I like the way its presented. I love the added options of sorting trophies for a game. The console is basically silent as we'd hoped. I've experienced 0 issues so far (touch wood). So yeah, really happy with PS5. Sony knocked it out of the park.

DerNebel

Nov 20, 2020, 12:26 AM Last Edit: Nov 20, 2020, 12:33 AM by DerNebel
Stupid question: Is the front USB port supposed to not stay powered during rest mode? Even with the 3 hour setting? I changed it to one of the backports and that's working, the controller is blinking.

I just wasted 3 hours not loading my controller....  ;D

Edit: Also one legitimate annoyance so far. I downloaded the free PS5 version of Miles Morales, since I bought the physical PS4 disc. I don't want the PS4 version installed, since I don't need it. However every time I start up the PS5, from rest mode or cold boot, the system tries to copy PS4 version of Miles Morales onto my PS5 again, making quite a bit of noise.

Legend

Stupid question: Is the front USB port supposed to not stay powered during rest mode? Even with the 3 hour setting? I changed it to one of the backports and that's working, the controller is blinking.

I just wasted 3 hours not loading my controller....  ;D

Edit: Also one legitimate annoyance so far. I downloaded the free PS5 version of Miles Morales, since I bought the physical PS4 disc. I don't want the PS4 version installed, since I don't need it. However every time I start up the PS5, from rest mode or cold boot, the system tries to copy PS4 version of Miles Morales onto my PS5 again, making quite a bit of noise.
Front usb works for me. Don't know how to stop the ps4 version.

I have mine vertical. Will switch it horizontal at some point but having an eye of sauron night light is too fun.

kitler53

I just wasted 3 hours not loading my controller....  ;D

did you change your OS configration.   I watched the DF video on the OS and I saw some settings around power savings (or whatever) that clearly indicated that the USBs could be disabled during rest mode.  not sure at all what the defaults are but you should go check.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Save transfer for Miles was super easy and fast, pretty good system.

And yeah it does give you all the ps5 version trophies that your save qualifies for, so I just got another plat for free  ;D

A lot of people have been talking about the ps5 downloading PS4 versions of cross gen games and yeah that's super annoying, it should be much clearer which version you're downloading and there should be a clear selection. It's really dumb the way it does it right now.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

Save transfer for Miles was super easy and fast, pretty good system.

And yeah it does give you all the ps5 version trophies that your save qualifies for, so I just got another plat for free  ;D

A lot of people have been talking about the ps5 downloading PS4 versions of cross gen games and yeah that's super annoying, it should be much clearer which version you're downloading and there should be a clear selection. It's really dumb the way it does it right now.
i wish Ubisoft would have done that for valhalla.  Now i have 13 trophies from when i played it on ps4 that i would have to replay the game to get on ps5

DerNebel

did you change your OS configration.   I watched the DF video on the OS and I saw some settings around power savings (or whatever) that clearly indicated that the USBs could be disabled during rest mode.  not sure at all what the defaults are but you should go check.
The USB slots should be active and the one on the back I used to charge my Dualsense after the first failed attempt did work in Rest Mode. It was just the one in the front that turned off during Rest Mode. Since it works when the PS5 is on I'm guessing it's nothing technical with the machine, which is good. Maybe some bug, dunno

Anyways, also go the Astro Bot plat and bit the bullet and just let the system install Miles Morales PS4 as well for now. Won't matter in the long run.

Xevross

The raytracing in fidelity mode looks real nice on Spidey. Miles PS5 looks amazing in general and it's a clear upgrade from PS4, especially with stuff like number of pedestrians. It's not too different though, it still looks great on PS4. I can understand this new gen not blowing people away if they're just playing cross gen games so far.

60fps though, wowee, that's the real upgrade. It feels and looks absolutely incredible in motion. Think I'm gonna be sticking with performance modes this gen for most games.

Xevross

PS5 is off to a spectacular start for me.

Astro was delightful, as I said yesterday. Today I got going with Demon's Souls and Dirt 5. Both of them look fantastic and play really well in 60fps.

Demon's Souls is brilliant so far, I only played ~3 hours but I think I'm loving it even more than Bloodborne. The start seems much easier than Bloodborne and you get going a lot faster, it still feels very Souls and tough but its great to get moving and do a lot in the first few hours rather than struggling to even reach the first boss. I think Bloodborne is better in many ways, but I'm enjoying playing Demon's more. I like that there's lots of NPCs to talk to, Bloodborne felt quite lonely in that way.

Dirt 5 is really great too, its a lot of fun and the career mode seems like its got a lot of content with decent variety. The playground creation mode is great too, lots of fun user created stuff to play there already. The driving physics are really nice for an arcade racer and the dualsense implemention is punchy and adds to the fun even though its not very helpful. I think this is the best arcade racer I've played in years.

Dr. Pezus

Any fps impressions with the dualsense? People seem impressed with cod

Go Up