PS5 |OT| now with PlayStation Portal

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

Some stores here still can't say if they'll have systems ready tomorrow for people that preordered in September
People who live in the major markets are definitely very lucky. I hope you can get yours soon enough.

DerNebel

Its finally our time my European bro
I'm not gonna believe it until I'm actually holding it in my hands tomorrow. :D

Xevross

I'm not gonna believe it until I'm actually holding it in my hands tomorrow. :D
And I still won't believe it until it plays games well and isn't a brick :-[

DerNebel

And I still won't believe it until it plays games well and isn't a brick :-[
Oh yeah, what are we still allowed to do at this point? The internet told me half the things you would do with the PS5 will lead to bricking it. :D

Dr. Pezus

People who live in the major markets are definitely very lucky. I hope you can get yours soon enough.
Didn't order lol. I'll wait until it's more available. I'm in no rush

Oh yeah, what are we still allowed to do at this point? The internet told me half the things you would do with the PS5 will lead to bricking it. :D
You apparently can't play discs that you put in facing down

Dr. Pezus

Hinting at more to come?

nnodley

Nov 19, 2020, 12:34 AM Last Edit: Nov 19, 2020, 12:42 AM by nnodley

Hinting at more to come?
They composing for Cyberpunk?  thats the only thing i can think of that's big coming.

the enhanced lighting and shadows in valhalla on ps5 are so much better.  No more blurred shadows just standing 20 ft away.  I'm assuming its ray tracing shadows or at least looks like it.

DerNebel

Xevross

My god, the size of this lad.

nnodley

My god, the size of this lad.
Right.  I was prepared for it to be big, but its just different in person. its a thing of beauty though.

Xevross

Right.  I was prepared for it to be big, but its just different in person. its a thing of beauty though.
Yeah, I love it it looks amazing.

Speaking of amazing, Astro's Playroom is absolutely delightful.

nnodley

Speaking of,  what orientation does everyone have theirs in?

I had mine vertical for a bit, but turned it horizontal.  I like horizontal better

the-pi-guy

kitler53

Speaking of,  what orientation does everyone have theirs in?

I had mine vertical for a bit, but turned it horizontal.  I like horizontal better
i'll be doing horizontal.   i've got exactly 11.5 inches (yes i just measured) so since ps5 is 15.4 inches tall that means 4 inches would be in front of my tv in a vertical orientation.  

unexceptable.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

I have mine vertical, fits nicely next to my TV.

And yes Astro Bot is extremely charming, even though it's a tiny bit too gimmicky for me at times (the ball rolling with the touch pad). A proper fullsized Astro Bot game has to be in the making, it'd be very silly not to. And those load times, dang, such a pleasure to be able to jump back to a level after missing a collectable and it ony taking like 2 seconds.

Go Up