Ghost of Tsushima movie news + sold 6.5 million

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 25, 2021, 04:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ghost-of-tsushima-has-sold-6-5m-copies-since-its-launch.399787/

Previous numbers :
2.4M in its first 3 days
5M (as of Nov 11th 2020)
6.5M (March 2021)

nnodley

those sales are great.  And hopefully these movies based on their games work out.  

kitler53

not as good of sales as i would hope.  

cool to see that sony finally figured out they can "synergize" their games and movies divisions.  that's most of why disney does so well,.. it's not like their movies/shows are that exceptional.  case in point: marvel does huge numbers despite being mostly bad movies.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

not as good of sales as i would hope.  

cool to see that sony finally figured out they can "synergize" their games and movies divisions.  that's most of why disney does so well,.. it's not like their movies/shows are that exceptional.  case in point: marvel does huge numbers despite being mostly bad movies.
I mean, yeah I was hoping it would be higher by now. But honestly its been just 8/9 months. It sold 6.5 million in those. This is an extremely profitable game for Sony and the game will go on to sell more.

Dr. Pezus

Impressive. I guess we expected a bit more after the insane first numbers but this is still looking like a 10m+ seller

Very impressive for a new IP on a dying console

BananaKing

Mar 25, 2021, 10:01 PM Last Edit: Mar 25, 2021, 10:02 PM by BananaKing
Horizon was at 7.3 million after the first year. This is at 6.5 million after 8 months. So its going at a similar pace.  Both include their first holiday season.

Interestingly enough. Gamestates has this at 5.8 million players. So its shows a number lower than actual sales

kitler53

I mean, yeah I was hoping it would be higher by now. But honestly its been just 8/9 months. It sold 6.5 million in those. This is an extremely profitable game for Sony and the game will go on to sell more.
I mean, I'm not really complaining.  it's a new IP and all and hasn't seen big discounts quite yet.  just wished there were more. 

Legend

Good game to turn into a movie. Can copy the feel and setting while adapting everything else.

I still need to finish it.

kitler53

Horizon was at 7.3 million after the first year. This is at 6.5 million after 8 months. So its going at a similar pace.  Both include their first holiday season.

Interestingly enough. Gamestates has this at 5.8 million players. So its shows a number lower than actual sales
I bought it during the holiday sale.  I'm waiting for a ps5 to play it.  seems legit enough to me.