Confirmed: PSP, (PS3, PSVita) online stores to (NOT) shut down later this year

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 22, 2021, 04:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

I've been going on a shopping spree these past few days in preparation for this.  Also, fudge Sony.

As an aside, for the past like, 6 months I've been telling my friend that if he wants FFXIII Upressed to buy an Xbox Series X, and overall backwards compatibility.  Literally yesterday it sunk in and he regrets his PS5 purchase (Also not having much new is hurting).  He also realized he can buy a Series X to replay Lost Odyssey.

the-pi-guy

*No Patches for some PS3 Games* - PlayStation 3 - PSNProfiles

Patches for some PS3 games no longer downloadable.  

That doesn't make that much sense, since we are still supposed to be able to download games.

the-pi-guy

PlayStation Store on PS3 and PS Vita Will Continue Operations - PlayStation.Blog

Recently, we notified players that PlayStation Store for PS3 and PS Vita devices was planned to end this summer.

Upon further reflection, however, it's clear that we made the wrong decision here. So today I'm happy to say that we will be keeping the PlayStation Store operational for PS3 and PS Vita devices. PSP commerce functionality will retire on July 2, 2021 as planned.

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. We see now that many of you are incredibly passionate about being able to continue purchasing classic games on PS3 and PS Vita for the foreseeable future, so I'm glad we were able to find a solution to continue operations.

the-pi-guy

Holy shirt.  

Based Jim Ryan.  8)

the-pi-guy

I'm betting the money from panic buys was pretty good.

kitler53

oh boy,  now they won't miss out on those 12 ps3 purchases made per year.

it was always dumb how much people complained about this.   one would think this would shut them up but I doubt it.  the blogpost is already full of "BC" complaints.   

I'm betting the money from panic buys was pretty good.
trolololol.

wait, are you serious?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

So both Sony and MS have faced massive blowback and reversed big decisions recently.

the-pi-guy

oh boy,  now they won't miss out on those 12 ps3 purchases made per year.

trolololol.

wait, are you serious?
I'm sure it spiked from 12 to 150.

Legend

Amazing.

Would be great if they just combined everything into a legacy pc store. Shut down the native one but still let people buy games for their download list. Never shut it down.

So both Sony and MS have faced massive blowback and reversed big decisions recently.
What did ms do?

I'm drawing a blank even though I remember it happening.

BananaKing

And out of all those who complained..... just 3 people will buy a game from those stores

Xevross

Amazing.

Would be great if they just combined everything into a legacy pc store. Shut down the native one but still let people buy games for their download list. Never shut it down.
What did ms do?

I'm drawing a blank even though I remember it happening.
Xbox live gold price doubling.

SWORDF1SH

Shut it down. Move on!  8)