Do you plan to buy a next gen system at launch?

Started by Legend, Jan 12, 2019, 03:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

It's too early to say which system will be the best since anything can happen, but at this point do you expect you will buy at least one of them for launch day?

Xevross

I'm 90% sure I'm buying PS5 on launch day

the-pi-guy

That depends on funds.  

Otherwise it's like an 80% chance.  

Xevross

That depends on funds. 

Otherwise it's like an 80% chance. 
They'll probably announce it far enough before launch for me to save the ~£450 I'll need.

Dr. Pezus

It depends but I doubt it. Don't think I've ever done that

DerNebel

Second time I will be in a position to do something like that, first time being the Switch.

Entirely depends on the launch lineup for me, if I buy the PS5 day one or not.

Next Xbox I'd say the chances are close to 0%.

Dr. Pezus

It's too early to say which system will be the best since anything can happen, but at this point do you expect you will buy at least one of them for launch day?
I have a gift from your friend SWORDF1SH:

One, two, three, four.
Can't I have one more?
Sony beat Valve at counting, live,
Let's hope they can count to five.

PS5 will be released in the next 2 years.

BananaKing

Don't think I will to be honest. Since I'm already not buying games at launch (unless it's red read it cyberpunk), and waiting to get them on sale, I think I'll do the same with the PS5. The first year or two most games will be gross gen, and I think PS4 will be able to still handle those well and give a clean and high quality IQ.

So I'll play the backlog of what PS4 games I have for super cheap, since a new gen would be out and publishers would drop prices, while waiting on PS5 to get enough exclusives or next gen only games to come out.

Legend

I'll get ps5 dev stuff early but I don't know when I'll get a consumer unit. At this point I really need a pc upgrade.