What CPU?

Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

DerNebel

And any of those reports will include that DF says it will hit 6tf by launch. Not that anyone but hardcore gamers will give a crud. As MS says, this is an enthusiasts machine. We know better.
I think you're vastly overestimating people. I've seen tons of comments from people clealry thinking that this is going to be a mass market product over the last year.

Ludicrous Speed

It will include that after MS reach then with this exclusive deal.

Before that they will leak only the actual XDK specs.
Doesn't matter how or why.

I think you're vastly overestimating people. I've seen tons of comments from people clealry thinking that this is going to be a mass market product over the last year.
And a small circle of people think it will make Xbox start outselling PS4 WW. I tend to ignore the crazies.

Legend

Xbox fans are HYPING this up to be the greatest console ever. They are putting it on pedestal it cannot meet.
I hate that companies encourage this nowadays. They get everyone overhyped on vague statements and then when reality hits we blame the fans for "doing it to themselves."

If Scorpio doesn't use Zen there will be a million posts tomorrow saying people who are disappointed are stupid. Practically no one will think about how trivial it would have been for MS to tweet Zen wasn't happening when the speculation started.

DerNebel

I hate that companies encourage this nowadays. They get everyone overhyped on vague statements and then when reality hits we blame the fans for "doing it to themselves."

If Scorpio doesn't use Zen there will be a million posts tomorrow saying people who are disappointed are stupid. Practically no one will think about how trivial it would have been for MS to tweet Zen wasn't happening when the speculation started.
Nah, I'll fully blame MS. They knew perfectly well that speculation would start running rampant after they announced the thing with a few pieces of information and bunch of buzzwords over a year in advance.

Legend

Apr 06, 2017, 01:09 AM Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017, 01:16 AM by Legend
Since I've gotten into game development, I love/hate reading people agree on tech stuff that's completely wrong.

Right now the gaf thread has a lot of people interested in Scorpio upscaling framerate like it's interpolation or some other magic, like what PSVR uses for 120 fps. In reality the Scorpio would just be running animations and some logic at half the render framerate which is incredibly common in recent years.

It's a good reminder that the general consensus isn't always correct. I wonder how often someone reads our consensus here and facepalms  :P

the-pi-guy

Since I've gotten into game development, I love/hate reading people agree on tech stuff that's completely wrong.

Right now the gaf thread has a lot of people interested in Scorpio upscaling framerate like it's interpolation or some other magic, like what PSVR uses for 120 fps. In reality the Scorpio would just be running animations and some logic at half the render framerate which is incredibly common in recent years.

It's a good reminder that the general consensus isn't always correct. I wonder how often someone reads our consensus here and facepalms  :P
Our consensus is always the best consensus because we have smart people.  

ethomaz

I don't like game logic running at lower cycles than graphics... Bungie do something like that but in the opposite way... game logic at 60fps while graphics at 30fps and that is why even being a 30fps game the gameplay is so responsible and smooth.

Halo 5 used 30fps for animation and it was pretty distracting and awkward compared with the rest.

Only TheMachine is smart enough here :P

Raven

Banana offsets that, though.

BananaKing

we have raven, dernebel and riderz. how smart can we be?

Banana offsets that, though.
haa! i just saw this post after i posted mine.

Legend

I Added a last minute poll for cpu. What do you think is most likely?

BananaKing

i think it will be zen. and is the timer correct?

ethomaz

Yes.

BTW from EG discord.

"No stream, there will be several articles live on Eurogamer, plus two videos on the DF YouTube channel and one on the EG YouTube channel. All going live at 2pm"

Legend

It would be fun if it's Zen but then that makes the price reveal even more interesting.

BananaKing

It would be fun if it's Zen but then that makes the price reveal even more interesting.
i think the smarter option would be to go with Zen.

Legend

i think the smarter option would be to go with Zen.
If it's Zen, it could be $599.

It plus the other spec bumps will cost a lot and at that point MS would probably want a profit. They'd have to sell it as an uber premium game console. Could be cool and smart.

Go Up