Started by Legend, Aug 09, 2016, 09:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

Max King of the Wild

First two players that's reported. I bet people met instantly

Legend

Max King of the Wild

Looks like the planets are different times.

DerNebel

So did everyone just decide to ignore this part of the 2014 Gameinformer interview or did something happen between these two players that meant that they definitely should appear to each other?

"How many people could be there theoretically?
The lobby that you carry around with you now can, it's almost like I don't wanna say because people will just test it, it can carry a few people. More than what you will see during the normal course of the game. "

Stop Thinking Of No Man's Sky As A Multiplayer Game - Features - www.GameInformer.com
[/

The Gameinformer interview states that not everyone will be in the same lobby.

Legend

So did everyone just decide to ignore this part of the 2014 Gameinformer interview or did something happen between these two players that meant that they definitely should appear to each other?

"How many people could be there theoretically?
The lobby that you carry around with you now can, it's almost like I don't wanna say because people will just test it, it can carry a few people. More than what you will see during the normal course of the game. "

Stop Thinking Of No Man's Sky As A Multiplayer Game - Features - www.GameInformer.com
[/

The Gameinformer interview states that not everyone will be in the same lobby.

Yeah the way that should work is everyone is put into the same lobby, but once that one is full a new one is generated. IE if 100s of players decide to go to the same planet you wouldn't see 100 people.

Would be very odd for it to start multiple lobbies before any have a second player.
Looks like the planets are different times.
The time in the game is weird and faked, but these guys managed to luck into the same time of day but still no luck.

nnodley

Another gaf overreaction.  They put in a scanner to help find other people so it clearly can happen, but leave it to gaf assholes and idgits to overblow shame. Then game news websites catch on and overblow it more and then it turns into a shitstorm. 

Sean Murray does need to not be as vague, but people just don't give people a chance and have to understand people just can't come out and say what they want.  They need proper permissions.  it's so much more complicated than people actually think.

Legend

Another gaf overreaction.  They put in a scanner to help find other people so it clearly can happen, but leave it to gaf assholes and idgits to overblow shame. Then game news websites catch on and overblow it more and then it turns into a shitstorm.  

Sean Murray does need to not be as vague, but people just don't give people a chance and have to understand people just can't come out and say what they want.  They need proper permissions.  it's so much more complicated than people actually think.
Why can't Sean confirm this though if it's in the game? He tweeted about these 2 people meeting and according to Adam Boyes he's been in charge of the game's PR.

If it comes out that the feature really is missing from the game, what would your thoughts be?

nnodley

Why can't Sean confirm this though if it's in the game? He tweeted about these 2 people meeting and according to Adam Boyes he's been in charge of the game's PR.

If it comes out that the feature really is missing from the game, what would your thoughts be?
If he is then I don't see why he can't say it, but he tweeted today didn't he about the scanner.  Why tweet about that and  still continue on the lie of the feature being in when it really isn't.  Why put that in the game at all.  We will see, but he might be trying to figure out the best way to give us the info we need.  

I do not understand though why he is always vague.  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, which isn't a trait seen on gaf very much. I personally was never interested in the game to see other people and I always thought of it as a single player game. And given his statement that they thought it wouldn't happen very easily I kept my hype of seeing another person at 0 so I personally wouldn't care too much if it was not in the game. I'll eat my crow if he was lying about it all, but from what I see, I don't think he is, but just being vague. And it would be shame if he was lying.

I actually don't have the game right now, I cancelled mine.  I still had so many games to play still so I'm gonna wait a bit.  

Legend

If he is then I don't see why he can't say it, but he tweeted today didn't he about the scanner.  Why tweet about that and  still continue on the lie of the feature being in when it really isn't.  Why put that in the game at all.  We will see, but he might be trying to figure out the best way to give us the info we need.  

I do not understand though why he is always vague.  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, which isn't a trait seen on gaf very much. I personally was never interested in the game to see other people and I always thought of it as a single player game. And given his statement that they thought it wouldn't happen very easily I kept my hype of seeing another person at 0 so I personally wouldn't care too much if it was not in the game. I'll eat my crow if he was lying about it all, but from what I see, I don't think he is, but just being vague. And it would be shame if he was lying.

I actually don't have the game right now, I cancelled mine.  I still had so many games to play still so I'm gonna wait a bit.  
I'm waiting till Friday to get the game on PC.

The thought of two players randomly bumbling into eachother was really cool to me. Elite Dangerous has this and while I personally play "offline" to avoid griefing, it's fun reading posts online when people meet up despite the odds.

I think the reason he can't/won't say it is because either they plan to add multiplayer in a update soon and just didn't want to mess with that server headache at launch, or the feature was scrapped during development and they're trying to act like non real-time interaction was what they always intended.

Plus if you've been following this game from day one, you'd understand how often they say stuff that feels completely wrong/made up. IE they say "planet sized planets" but they are smaller than asteroids, "planets spin and orbit their stars which causes day-night transition" even though that's almost certainly not correct, millions of factions when there are just 4, "center of the galaxy/ the galaxy is a flattened sphere" when instead the galaxy is a box and the center is just an edge, switching between saying center of galaxy and center of universe every other week, etc. It's not like they have a good track record with correctly explaining things about the game.

nnodley

I'm waiting till Friday to get the game on PC.

The thought of two players randomly bumbling into eachother was really cool to me. Elite Dangerous has this and while I personally play "offline" to avoid griefing, it's fun reading posts online when people meet up despite the odds.

I think the reason he can't/won't say it is because either they plan to add multiplayer in a update soon and just didn't want to mess with that server headache at launch, or the feature was scrapped during development and they're trying to act like non real-time interaction was what they always intended.

Plus if you've been following this game from day one, you'd understand how often they say stuff that feels completely wrong/made up. IE they say "planet sized planets" but they are smaller than asteroids, "planets spin and orbit their stars which causes day-night transition" even though that's almost certainly not correct, millions of factions when there are just 4, "center of the galaxy/ the galaxy is a flattened sphere" when instead the galaxy is a box and the center is just an edge, switching between saying center of galaxy and center of universe every other week, etc. It's not like they have a good track record with correctly explaining things about the game.
Yeah they no doubt are vague with things which ultimately leads to people not having the proper understanding of what everything is suppose to be like.  Curious though have they ever said anything about how the universe/galaxy's are suppose to be set up? Or did they always just say things like "the goal is to get to the center of the universe/galaxy"?  Obviously saying center makes it sound like it's set up how a galaxy is, but if they never said that then it's just a matter of the vagueness making things out to be how they shouldn't be?

Legend

Yeah they no doubt are vague with things which ultimately leads to people not having the proper understanding of what everything is suppose to be like.  Curious though have they ever said anything about how the universe/galaxy's are suppose to be set up? Or did they always just say things like "the goal is to get to the center of the universe/galaxy"?  Obviously saying center makes it sound like it's set up how a galaxy is, but if they never said that then it's just a matter of the vagueness making things out to be how they shouldn't be?
No Man's Sky Information Repository

No Man's Sky Information Repository

This website is pretty handy for finding how people thought the game worked.

kitler53

legend,.. you're really becoming quite the whiny little baby over this game.  ...and since it seems to be the only thing you want to talk about it's honestly becoming a chore to visit vizioneck lately.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

legend,.. you're really becoming quite the whiny little baby over this game.  ...and since it seems to be the only thing you want to talk about it's honestly becoming a chore to visit vizioneck lately.
Even now that the game's out and it's obvious I've been right about "procedural generation," you still think I'm a hater/jealous? Seriously!?

What the fudge is up with you and this game that makes it immune from critical thought?

If you're annoyed about the quantity of NMS discussion in general, sure I can try to confine it more towards a single thread.