PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I just remembered Vita TV existed.

Huh, Vita was such a disaster. Loved it but sheesh.

darkknightkryta

I was reading the "Games stuck on old consoles" thread at Era.  I'll post my thoughts here, since I don't think I'll ever make an account there.
"People: Vita has no games.  Sony's leaving it to die"
Years later*
"People: Why are all these amazing games stuck on the Vita?  I was expecting them to have been ported to other consoles by now."
I personally don't blame Sony or developers for the Vita failing.

Dr. Pezus

I was reading the "Games stuck on old consoles" thread at Era.  I'll post my thoughts here, since I don't think I'll ever make an account there.
"People: Vita has no games.  Sony's leaving it to die"
Years later*
"People: Why are all these amazing games stuck on the Vita?  I was expecting them to have been ported to other consoles by now."
I personally don't blame Sony or developers for the Vita failing.
Vita is great hardware. It did have some gems and good games but it definitely didn't have enough for the mass market

darkknightkryta

Vita is great hardware. It did have some gems and good games but it definitely didn't have enough for the mass market
Vita has more games and higher rated games, than the 3DS...

the-pi-guy

Saw this on Reddit.  
No idea who this is.  

Take with a grain of salt.  

Dr. Pezus

Vita has more games and higher rated games, than the 3DS...
Eh, maybe more small games. 3ds has way more mainstream games

darkknightkryta

Eh, maybe more small games. 3ds has way more mainstream games
I don't think you know what's actually on the Vita to say this...
But if you want to discount ports, maybe, but then again everything Nintendo (mainstream) on the 3DS was ported to the Wii U in some fashion.

Legend

I don't think you know what's actually on the Vita to say this...
But if you want to discount ports, maybe, but then again everything Nintendo (mainstream) on the 3DS was ported to the Wii U in some fashion.
Vita had lots of good games over its life but Sony dropped it like a rock.

This was Sony at E3 2011, the E3 before Vita launched (sorry for the poor video).

Bioshock vita tease at 57
Vita full reveal at 1:07 to 1:41

~25 minutes

Meanwhile this is Sony from 2012, the first E3 after Vita's launch.

PSASBR including Vita around 30 minutes in.
LBP2 cross controller for Vita around 34
Vita COD and AC Liberation 41 to 43

That's it. ~5 minutes

the-pi-guy

Dropped like a rock.  

The most mainstream games it had included the worst received CoD game. And a decent AC game.
Followed by a good Uncharted game.

It's not a lot.

Not even 4 months after release, it only got 5 minutes at E3.  ^
That's kind of insane.  

Xevross

I never buy many games for handhelds (which seems normal going by attach rates) but Vita was even worse than normal.

I played Uncharted GA, Tearaway, LBP Vita, Guacamelee!, fifa 14, sonic & all-stars racing on it and that's it. Sonic and Guacamelee were the free ps+ games when I first got it, so I only ever bought 4 games for the system (which iirc were all christmas presents from the year I also got the vita).

I definitely underutilised it but I think I just didn't find it fun to play games on, Uncharted was pretty horrible to play and it put me off playing any more proper first/ third person games on it. Combine that with no advertising or e3 presence and I just wasn't convinced to get any more games for the system.

Legend

Looking at my shelf, I have Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Killzone Mercenaries, Resistance Burning Skies, Little Deviants, Tearaway, and Uncharted GA.

Bought Escape Plan and some other digital games too.

the-pi-guy

I recall forgetting that I owned a Vita TV once.  

I bought it for like $20 because why not at that price.  Lent it to my brother shortly a day after getting it because I had a Vita and didn't really need it.  

He gave it back, it went in a drawer.  Some time later I found it, not sure what I found.

Dr. Pezus

I never buy many games for handhelds (which seems normal going by attach rates) but Vita was even worse than normal.

I played Uncharted GA, Tearaway, LBP Vita, Guacamelee!, fifa 14, sonic & all-stars racing on it and that's it. Sonic and Guacamelee were the free ps+ games when I first got it, so I only ever bought 4 games for the system (which iirc were all christmas presents from the year I also got the vita).

I definitely underutilised it but I think I just didn't find it fun to play games on, Uncharted was pretty horrible to play and it put me off playing any more proper first/ third person games on it. Combine that with no advertising or e3 presence and I just wasn't convinced to get any more games for the system.
Funny how we played almost exactly the same games! I played quite a few indies too though. Also Gravity Rush, Wipeout and Killzone

kitler53

i'm the opposite.   i think vita is easily my most played handheld ever.

gravity rush, tearaway, uncharted, killzone, meatboy, rayman origins and legend, guacamelee, little big planet, sound shapes, sine mora, retro city rampage, stealth inc., dokuro, little kings story, muraski baby are just my most memorable favorites.   

i played dozens of smaller indie games i can't remember the title of so well right now.   i really, really miss my vita because my ps4 catalog contains lot's a titles i bought because i knew i would like them but i just can't bring myself to play them because when I'm home i'd rather play the AAA games.  so games like hyper light drifter, owl boy, salt and sanctuary sit in my backlog as my favorite games i'll never play.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Saw a resetera thread about Vita marketing. Brings back memories haha.

(I watched this video so much. It really made me hyped)

(this video too)

Go Up