Foamstars a day-1 Ps+ title (Feb 6th)

Started by kitler53, Jan 16, 2024, 02:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

hell to the yeah!  

i really wanted to play this but was also afraid to buy it in case it becomes yet another MP game with no community.   soo glad everyone can play it for free now.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

Oooh shame I might get ps plus again then  8)

BananaKing

Splatoon rip off?

And gosh, I really hate gen Z designed characters.

Legend

Splatoon rip off?

I love hating on gen Z but this just looks like traditional dorky character design. What makes it gen z?

BananaKing

I love hating on gen Z but this just looks like traditional dorky character design. What makes it gen z?
I don't know. At first glance it just seemed so Gen Zish. But perhaps you're right, it's just dorky character design? That would be a good way to describe gen Z deaign anyways.

It's sad to see that quality character design is rare these days. Always the same shame.

kitler53

Splatoon rip off?

from what i read this is a lot different/better than splatoon.   the overall principle is clearly the same but "foam" having volume instead of paint being flat apparently adds a lot to the gameplay.  haven't played either so can't really comment personally but that's the gist of the previews i've read.   

never heard "gen z design" before.   seems unfair to me as i'm not sure anyone actually loves this art style.   it's "fine" i guess.  at least it's colorful and soa is hot.   more than the art style itself i wish the character design wasn't soo sterotyped archetypes.   not sure if those are the right words but they are the ones that i used...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens