Respawn Explains the Removal of CTF and Pilot Hunter in the PC Version of Titanfall

Started by Raven, May 17, 2014, 10:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

7H3

Killzone had many mistakes in its set up that caused it to fail horribly in keeping a community growing rather than dwindling. Many features have been added to address the main issues, but a little too late IMO. Also Co-op / season pass taking way to long to be relevant.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Ludicrous Speed

It will... they are changing to WW matchmating to try to have more user online to play these modes... the reality is just one, after the launch buzz the online community died.

So much for a game supposed to be the second coming of the multiplayer FPS.

Edit - before some says I'm just being mad with the game... Killzone online community is pretty dead too.

The community isn't "dead" there just aren't people on PC playing this mode or Pilot Hunter. On Xbox One and 360 you can always find games easy on these playlists. Maybe there is something different about the PC userbase. I know they prefer server browsers. And they have a hell of a lot more options than console players. These are also the 2 modes where being on a coordinated team really allows you to just obliterate opposing teams, so lone wolf type players don't play it as much.

The dumbest part about it is they just changed the CTF mode up to where you can no longer carry the flag inside of a Titan, which is something players had been asking for since launch and probably would have greatly increased interest in the mode. So its nice to see them give it another shot.

ethomaz

The community isn't "dead" there just aren't people on PC playing this mode or Pilot Hunter. On Xbox One and 360 you can always find games easy on these playlists. Maybe there is something different about the PC userbase. I know they prefer server browsers. And they have a heck of a lot more options than console players. These are also the 2 modes where being on a coordinated team really allows you to just obliterate opposing teams, so lone wolf type players don't play it as much.

The dumbest part about it is they just changed the CTF mode up to where you can no longer carry the flag inside of a Titan, which is something players had been asking for since launch and probably would have greatly increased interest in the mode. So its nice to see them give it another shot.

I meant in all platforms the online comunity is low... like I said in Killzone you can play and find match anytime but there are only 2000 guys online... it is too low... same happened with Titanfall.

The interest after launch is not there... they are playing others shooters.

Ludicrous Speed

well since Titanfall doesn't display online players and I doubt you own the game on any platform anyway, gonna file that away as FUD.

the game has community issues on PC, like most other games. that's about it :)

Legend

well since Titanfall doesn't display online players and I doubt you own the game on any platform anyway, gonna file that away as FUD.

Being wrong doesn't make something FUD.

Plus you two seem to be almost saying the same thing lol.

Dr. Pezus

I would say TF's biggest issue on PC is not being on Steam.

Legend

I would say TF's biggest issue on PC is not being on Steam.

True.

I mean after the beta ended, I actually went and uninstalled origin.

Dr. Pezus

True.

I mean after the beta ended, I actually went and uninstalled origin.

I have Origin but I rarely use it. It's just...meh. Why not just have it on Steam too, which most people use.

ethomaz

Jun 02, 2014, 10:39 PM Last Edit: Jun 02, 2014, 10:42 PM by ethomaz

It is just my opinion based on guys I talk... antedoctal BTW... are you playing Titanfall yet?

PS. There are more guys playing BF4 in these platforms than Titanfall for example... all the issues and pleople continue to play BF4.

Go Up