Respawn Explains the Removal of CTF and Pilot Hunter in the PC Version of Titanfall

Started by Raven, May 17, 2014, 10:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/17/respawn-explains-the-removal-of-ctf-and-pilot-hunter-in-the-pc-version-of-titanfall/

Wow. So apparently Respawn removed two modes from Titanfall for the PC version because not enough people were playing them. Like that game can afford to be any more stripped down.

Riderz1337

Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Dr. Pezus

What the actual fudge? I'm sure they could be sued for this

u4gReservoirDogs

It's like buying a cheese sandwich and someone comes by and takes away the cheese ...
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Ludicrous Speed

they can still be played in variety. honestly if the community moved on from the modes then I don't see the big deal.

Dr. Pezus

they can still be played in variety. honestly if the community moved on from the modes then I don't see the big deal.

The majority perhaps...but some people were still playing it, no doubt. Also, who is to say they wouldn't want to try those modes after they get bored of the other ones? Not like there are a lot of them

Ludicrous Speed

The majority perhaps...but some people were still playing it, no doubt. Also, who is to say they wouldn't want to try those modes after they get bored of the other ones? Not like there are a lot of them

they can play them in the variety playlist.

this is really nothing out of the ordinary for these developers. they constantly tweaked call of duty playlists as well.

u4gReservoirDogs

Just what I thought, I always try something different when I'm done with a game (when I have (a) choice(s) of course).
If they take away one of those choices that was there before I wouldn't be happy with that.  >:(
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Legend

Welcome to the forum!

I agree from a business perspective, but gamers have every right to be bummed out.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

ethomaz

Jun 02, 2014, 10:04 AM Last Edit: Jun 02, 2014, 10:08 AM by ethomaz

It's coming back?

That's weird.

It will... they are changing to WW matchmating to try to have more user online to play these modes... the reality is just one, after the launch buzz the online community died.

So much for a game supposed to be the second coming of the multiplayer FPS.

Edit - before some says I'm just being mad with the game... Killzone online community is pretty dead too.

Legend

It will... they are changing to WW matchmating to try to have more user online to play these modes... the reality is just one, after the launch buzz the online community died.

So much for a game supposed to be the second coming of the multiplayer FPS.

Edit - before some says I'm just being mad with the game... Killzone online community is pretty dead too.

Online communities are hard to keep active.

It's something I'm really worried about with my game.

ethomaz

Online communities are hard to keep active.

It's something I'm really worried about with my game.

Won't it have offline play?

the-pi-guy

Won't it have offline play?

For his game, offline play is going to be much less interesting. 
You really have to consider the mechanics of the game.