Helldivers 2 |OT| Trying to serve 459k players (Bigger than GTA V)

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 23, 2024, 04:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

155,926 new peak.

Cool how open he is. So crazy how they've grown from a small vita game to this.(I know it was on other systems but I always think of it with vita)

kitler53

So,.. too soon to talk aqusition?    Sony seems to aquire their successful partnerships afterall. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

At 136,695 concurrent players and growing. Best a paid Microsoft game (Halo MCC) has ever done on steam is 161k so I wonder if it'll beat that.

Halo Infinite hit 272k and Destiny 2 hit 316k, just to give some context.
So close!  Seems like it peaked at 155,926

Unless it goes higher today.  

kitler53

Feb 11, 2024, 07:52 PM Last Edit: Feb 11, 2024, 07:57 PM by kitler53
So close!  Seems like it peaked at 155,926

Unless it goes higher today. 
what is the reasonable time to expect peak peak?    like could next weekend's peak be even higher than this weekend?

the-pi-guy

what is the reasonable time to expect peak peak?    like could next weekend's peak be even higher than this weekend?
Depends on the game. It's certainly possible.

Legend

Well the superbowl is today so I bet that's it, but still 155k is a great peak. I doubt eneyone thought this'd be possible before that first trailer dropped.

BananaKing

Also thats just PC. CC is about 50:50 between PC and PS5. So it could have reached almost 300k at some point.

I think Sony will announce a 2.X million sales soon.

Also, I fully expect Sony to buy arrowhead now. Just a matter of time

the-pi-guy

Also, I fully expect Sony to buy arrowhead now. Just a matter of time
I think it depends on if they want to be acquired.

If they do, I think they're a lock at this point.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Really cool that the studio is having so much success.

I recall some predictions that the game might be DOA if it wasn't on PS+.

But it's done better than Returnal, done better than some big games like GoW in some respects (at least on PC, concurrent player wise.)

Really cool seeing the devs be so open about stuff, and seeing how responsive they are to the issues.

Curious to see if they want to be acquired/if Sony wants to acquire them. I imagine we'd see something in the next couple of months.

kitler53

Tried playing after the superbowl.  

Matchmaking was spotty before but I couldn't even log in tonight.    i can be patient to a point but they need to figure out all of this success quickly…

And it hasn't done better than GoW.  Don't fall for that PC battleship narrative that all PC gamers don't have any console and thus its no harm to put sonys games on PC day 1.  

There is a ton of overlap between pc and consoles.   I'm sure you read hundreds of posts on era applauding MSs choice to committ to day1 PC.   …because it means they don't have to buy an xbox.  GoWs muted debut on PC had a lot to do with people having played the game already on ps5.  

BananaKing

Tried playing after the superbowl.  

Matchmaking was spotty before but I couldn't even log in tonight.    i can be patient to a point but they need to figure out all of this success quickly…

And it hasn't done better than GoW.  Don't fall for that PC battleship narrative that all PC gamers don't have any console and thus its no harm to put sonys games on PC day 1.  

There is a ton of overlap between pc and consoles.   I'm sure you read hundreds of posts on era applauding MSs choice to committ to day1 PC.   …because it means they don't have to buy an xbox.  GoWs muted debut on PC had a lot to do with people having played the game already on ps5.  
I agree 100%

I actually think it's dumb Sony release their big single player games on PC. If anything, PC is their biggest competitor.

kitler53

I agree 100%

I actually think it's dumb Sony release their big single player games on PC. If anything, PC is their biggest competitor.

Especially now if ms is getting run out of the console space.  

I had said early in the gen if sony keeps putting their games on pc i may just jump to pc myself.    It may be less motivational now if MS goes full 3rd party but back in the hypothetical that seemed somewhat likley of pc have pc exclusives, xbox exclusives, and ps exclusives it makes it difficult to want a console anymore. 

GaaS games should be day 1 multiplat,.. community is too important.  But sony needs to back off of their pc ports or they will end up like xbox eventually. 

the-pi-guy

It's not that serious bud.  

kitler53

It's not that serious bud. 

too early?  too late?  too US-centric??

Go Up