Shortly afterwards.

Well I liked IO.  :p

Dr. Pezus

You also made this post about it.
Movie Thread

Well I liked IO.  :p
Guilty!

the-pi-guy

"Black Panther's second weekend is bigger than Justice League's opening weekend."

Xevross

"Black Panther's second weekend is bigger than Justice League's opening weekend."
Yeah, and its not even that close. Black Panther had the #2 second weekend of all time, beating Jurassic World and Avengers by a fair way. $112m was the actual, which is an insane performance. Its now looking fairly likely it'll become the #1 domestic superhero film of all time, may have a shot at #3 dom of all time (above Titanic at $659m).

Its overseas which is the focus now, can the OS performance take it above Civil War, Iron Man 3 or maybe even TLJ? Time will tell! Its 10 day WW total is about $710m, China will add an easy 100m+ to that so its getting there.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah, and its not even that close. Black Panther had the #2 second weekend of all time, beating Jurassic World and Avengers by a fair way. $112m was the actual, which is an insane performance. Its now looking fairly likely it'll become the #1 domestic superhero film of all time, may have a shot at #3 dom of all time (above Titanic at $659m).

Its overseas which is the focus now, can the OS performance take it above Civil War, Iron Man 3 or maybe even TLJ? Time will tell! Its 10 day WW total is about $710m, China will add an easy 100m+ to that so its getting there.
The actuals are always above the estimates lol

Im thinking 1.5b

Xevross

The actuals are always above the estimates lol

Im thinking 1.5b
1.5 is impossible. Its only a phenomenon in the US. Overseas its 'only' doing very well and isn't breaking records (its performing slightly above Thor Ragnorok so far, which managed $538m overseas). Its looking like domestic will be about half of its total, putting its roof at 1.4b and it will likely fall short of that.

BananaKing

Honestly I didn't expect it's legs to be this strong but holly fudge.

It's oversees performance is becoming a lot more interesting. Civil war did 700 million in international markets, can this beat it? Honestly I doubt it. Can this be an international juggernaut like jurassic world or fast and furious? If it pulls that kind of numbers then this will.be one of the biggest movies of all time. However I doubt it. I'm looking expert though so how is it tracking internationally?

Anyways, you can bet black panther will have a much bigger role in infinity wars 2 than Originally intended lol

Xevross

Feb 26, 2018, 11:05 PM Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 11:15 PM by Xevross
Honestly I didn't expect it's legs to be this strong but holly fudge.

It's oversees performance is becoming a lot more interesting. Civil war did 700 million in international markets, can this beat it? Honestly I doubt it. Can this be an international juggernaut like jurassic world or fast and furious? If it pulls that kind of numbers then this will.be one of the biggest movies of all time. However I doubt it. I'm looking expert though so how is it tracking internationally?

Anyways, you can bet black panther will have a much bigger role in infinity wars 2 than Originally intended lol
Yeah I think most are expecting it to fall short of Civil War OS - but with how it keeps overperforming its not going to miss it by too much, if at all. If it can get close to Civil War's 745m overseas then its looking at a higher gross than The Last Jedi worldwide at over 1.3bn. It is tracking behind Civil War right now though, and China was big on Civil War too so it might fall further behind.

1.3bn and TLJ is probably going to be close though, and a great race to keep track of. Who would have thought that a few months ago.

Dr. Pezus

1.5 is impossible. Its only a phenomenon in the US. Overseas its 'only' doing very well and isn't breaking records (its performing slightly above Thor Ragnorok so far, which managed $538m overseas). Its looking like domestic will be about half of its total, putting its roof at 1.4b and it will likely fall short of that.
I was thinking china would be strong

Xevross

I was thinking china would be strong
China was extremely strong for civil war and that didn't get anywhere near enough overseas compared to what BP would need for 1.5b, unfortunately.

Dr. Pezus

China was extremely strong for civil war and that didn't get anywhere near enough overseas compared to what BP would need for 1.5b, unfortunately.
Well we'll see!

Xevross

Mar 02, 2018, 01:14 AM Last Edit: Mar 02, 2018, 01:23 AM by Xevross
BP is having a solid week, but nothing too special so far.

Avengers Infinity War worldwide release date got moved forward to April 27th, matching the UK release date. I don't know why it was set to release a week earlier in the UK in the first place, but hey ho. They probably did this to avoid clashes with Deadpool 2 and Solo for better Avengers legs.

I'm more hyped for Infinity War than anything right now (God of War is 2nd), and I've possibly only ever been more hyped for Horizon's release. I so cannot wait.

Legend

BP is having a solid week, but nothing too special so far.

Avengers Infinity War worldwide release date got moved forward to April 27th, matching the UK release date. I don't know why it was set to release a week earlier in the UK in the first place, but hey ho. They probably did this to avoid clashes with Deadpool 2 and Solo for better Avengers legs.

I'm more hyped for Infinity War than anything right now (God of War is 2nd), and I've possibly only ever been more hyped for Horizon's release. I so cannot wait.
I want to see Infinity War since it's been hyped for a decade, but the trailers make me a bit worried it'll be a cameo fest and not really focus on the characters. Really hope I'm wrong.

Also interested to see how the movie ends. Used to have an Infinity War part 2 but they changed the name, so will this end right in the action or will they have rewritten things?

Legend

Somehow I missed this!

Would have prefered more video game stuff again but hopefully it's good. Disney has a great track record as of late.

the-pi-guy

Somehow I missed this!

Would have prefered more video game stuff again but hopefully it's good. Disney has a great track record as of late.
Agreed.
I'm excited for this.  

Go Up