The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Legend

Yucky. Better positional tracking is the big thing making me want a pc headset. Inside out tracking is the future but needs more work.

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Kinda ugly. Don't see why it'd improve tracking either.
I'm really hoping for something like Oculus touch or Valve Knuckles.  I'm mostly excited that there is still something going on.  

The pictures make it look like there is a hoop with 3 points (I'm guessing of light for tracking).

the-pi-guy

Rick and Morty VR is great, but I wish they focused more on breadth instead of depth.  

Like they did some awesome stuff with the combining stuff.  You can spend hours just combining random stuff to make new stuff.  

But I'd prefer if they spent that time giving the player more things to do.  

I also would like a bigger room to play in.

the-pi-guy

So im curious to see when Valve shows off their VR games.  They first talked about them about a year and a half ago.  

In the next year aand a half, I figure that we ought to hear about at least one of them.

Legend

So im curious to see when Valve shows off their VR games.  They first talked about them about a year and a half ago.  

In the next year aand a half, I figure that we ought to hear about at least one of them.
How much time and money do you think valve is investing? Might be smaller teams working on them that need more time.

the-pi-guy

How much time and money do you think valve is investing? Might be smaller teams working on them that need more time.
I don't know very much about Valves structure.  
Could be small teams.  

the-pi-guy

Legend

That would be awesome. I hope to buy a pc headset for Christmas so more info better start leaking out! ::)

the-pi-guy

Image shows possible Valve VR headset (UploadVR: Half-Life VR game in development alongside) | ResetEra

UploadVR:
Images of Prototype Valve VR Headset Leak

(​IMG)
(​IMG)
(​IMG)

According to our independent sources this is in fact a Valve HMD. We've also heard the field of view will be 135 degrees with the Vive Pro resolution and it should come bundled with Knuckles controllers as well as a Half-Life based VR game.Click to expand...
An interesting tidbit is the dual cameras on the front in addition to the usual lighthouse markers. Could this allow for both outside-in and inside-out tracking?

As for the voracity of the rumored Half-Life VR game...

the-pi-guy

The Rift is getting moved to a bigger space.  

We are getting a PSVR for downstairs, for Christmas.  Moss and Astrobot included!  

Legend

the-pi-guy

Oculus Rift with Touch is $50 off. I might go with that.
If I refer you, it's even cheaper. 
Another 10% off. 
So it'd be $315 for a rift.

Go Up