Remedy, genDesign, and Playdead sign publishing deal with...

Started by Legend, Mar 26, 2020, 02:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

::)

BananaKing

Interesting. It seems like Epic games aims to become one of the big publishers in the industry. Challenging Ubisoft, EA, activision and others. It's insane what fortnite has allowed them to do. Building their own store, fund games, buy exclusivity.

I wonder if we will see more games from epic or they will focus on fortnite and possible fortnite spin offs

I also wonder if they will start buying devs.

Legend

Interesting. It seems like Epic games aims to become one of the big publishers in the industry. Challenging Ubisoft, EA, activision and others. It's insane what fortnite has allowed them to do. Building their own store, fund games, buy exclusivity.

I wonder if we will see more games from epic or they will focus on fortnite and possible fortnite spin offs

I also wonder if they will start buying devs.
They already bought the rocket league devs.

kitler53

Boo.   

I hate epic.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

I think the problem is the rate at which they're expanding.  The large publishers never got this large this fast.  I guess that China money.  Feels excessive though.

Legend

I think the problem is the rate at which they're expanding.  The large publishers never got this large this fast.  I guess that China money.  Feels excessive though.
I think Unreal Engine was bigger. Went from just their engine to everyone's engine really really fast.

With Fortnite money they have launched a store but otherwise mostly acted as richer versions of normal imo. They bought People Can Fly back in 2012 for example.