Half Life Alyx review thread: 93 mc (59 reviews) 92 oc (58 reviews)

Started by Legend, Mar 23, 2020, 05:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I really wish I could try out this game. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as others since vr locomotion tends to ruin my immersion but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Also can players draw on everything or is that one window in all the gifs special?
Any kind of locomotion?

I saw a gif of a drawing on another window. I'm not sure if thats the only place where the markers are found though.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

I really wish I could try out this game. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as others since vr locomotion tends to ruin my immersion but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Also can players draw on everything or is that one window in all the gifs special?
yeah usually the only place you can draw are where markers are found and certain surfaces in those areas.

This has full movement if you wanted to play it that way.  Instead of the teleporting certain distances.  I have it set on forward movement to be smooth and turning does quarter turns.  I typically get motion sickness if i do full smooth movement, but didn't notice anything too bad with this so i might try it.

the-pi-guy

So MC has 18 perfect scores, OC only has 12.  
And OC has an extra score below 90.  

Bodes well that OC's score will go up.

the-pi-guy

Legend

A 6/10 was added.  
Half-Life: Alyx Review - AusGamers.com

It seems to be a pretty good review although it seemed to tease some spoilers.

TLDR: game seems to focus on new VR players at the expense of veterans, game has poor gameplay outside of a specifically awesome level, and the game is a technical masterpiece.

the-pi-guy

Go Up