Xbox Series X official specs

Started by Legend, Feb 24, 2020, 02:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

so you guys think quick resume will still be fast for 1 game and just slow for the other 4?   i guess that wouldn't be soo bad then.   not sure how i feel about it taking up 50 Gbs of my drive though.  seems expensive.

There's no hardware limitation to do both, and doing the soft suspend is already pretty well embedded into the system.  So pretty much the only reason not to do both is laziness.  (I don't like to use that term in these contexts, but compared to doing the quick resume feature, there's relatively little additional work.)

It's also probably actually closer to 40 GB, since 2.5 GB is reserved for the system.  So each game would only have a max of 13.5 GB to save.  Still big admittingly.  

and one other point,.. why release this info today of all days.   the news is overwhelmed by coronavirus and the tanking economy.  this news won't make it to a lot of eyes right now.
They probably think that the people who care the most about this news, will probably be the ones to get it.

BananaKing

so you guys think quick resume will still be fast for 1 game and just slow for the other 4?   i guess that wouldn't be soo bad then.   not sure how i feel about it taking up 50 Gbs of my drive though.  seems expensive.

and one other point,.. why release this info today of all days.   the news is overwhelmed by coronavirus and the tanking economy.  this news won't make it to a lot of eyes right now.
A lot of people are staying home and isolating. They probably saw an uptake in internet activity and thought this would reach a lot of people

the-pi-guy

Fun fact: on PS4, XBO, game swapping like this would have likely taken on the order of minutes, instead of the 5-7 seconds it takes here.

PS5 should be able to do the same in half the time.

Go Up