Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

PS5 2:1 Xbox Series in America, 5:1 world wide for launch.

Series x has demand but doesn't seem to have stock. For 2021 I think that'll get closer to 1.5:1 America and 3:1 world wide.

Don't think Xbox will overtake ps5 momentum until their big first party games are launching. So 2022 could be the year that xbox sells more than ps5 in America.

Don't think series s will really do anything. Very few people will upgrade to it just for better graphics. It becomes really nice once it has exclusives, but by 2022 I think it'll feel too outdated.
I think it'll be about 1.5-2:1 everywhere, xbox won't be prioritising the US more than usual at launch and they'll want to establish a base in as many markets as possible. If stock is super limited due to production issues then maybe but that would be weird. I can't see xbox series doing worse than the 3M of XB1 in 2013 and I can't see PS5 doing better than 8M.

2021 for sure will be a huge Sony lead, probably the biggest of the entire gen in terms of sales ratio.

Series S is a weird one, today proved that demand for it is not that high and I don't think that will change for at least a year. People in the first year are still early adopters. But perhaps its real strength is people seeing it in stores and buying, which is yet to be proven.

kitler53

I think it'll be about 1.5-2:1 everywhere, xbox won't be prioritising the US more than usual at launch and they'll want to establish a base in as many markets as possible. If stock is super limited due to production issues then maybe but that would be weird. I can't see xbox series doing worse than the 3M of XB1 in 2013 and I can't see PS5 doing better than 8M.

2021 for sure will be a huge Sony lead, probably the biggest of the entire gen in terms of sales ratio.

Series S is a weird one, today proved that demand for it is not that high and I don't think that will change for at least a year. People in the first year are still early adopters. But perhaps its real strength is people seeing it in stores and buying, which is yet to be proven.
well, here in america people still "can't" go to stores to due a massively mismanaged pandemic 35% of the population doesn't believe exists..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Sep 23, 2020, 09:13 AM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020, 09:20 AM by Xevross
The UK September charts: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2020-09/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

PS5 #1
XSX #3
XSS #11
PS5d #16

So interestingly series S had more stock than the PS5 digital in the UK. However Series S stock is still a lot lower than the main 2 SKUs, so it was due to lower demand rather than anything else that it lasted so long in stock.

Yearly charts have PS5 #9, XSX #45. So the PS5 stock is quite significantly higher than XSX.

In the US XSX went to #38 for the year and PS5 still isn't a video game item so we can't compare unfortunately.

Legend

Seems xbox stock is better than I feared outside America.

Any other markets we can see all 4? Series s and PS5 de are hard to get a clear picture of. Series s still in stock some places but seems to have more stock. Wonder of the x/s ratio was lower in big playstation countries.

Xevross

Sep 23, 2020, 02:37 PM Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020, 02:39 PM by Xevross
Seems xbox stock is better than I feared outside America.

Any other markets we can see all 4? Series s and PS5 de are hard to get a clear picture of. Series s still in stock some places but seems to have more stock. Wonder of the x/s ratio was lower in big playstation countries.
Someone on Era made this chart:

For all if there's no rank its outside the top 100 except PS5 in the US which is uncategorized and its rank effectively hidden.

Seems like Series X is lower than PS5 stock everywhere but above the PS5 digital. Series S had more stock than digital PS5 in the UK but less everywhere else.

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

How do we know this person has real info?

DerNebel

"UKIE Video Game data analyst." accordnig to her Twitter bio.

Could be a lie of course.

Dr. Pezus

It's the best we can get!

Xevross

"UKIE Video Game data analyst." accordnig to her Twitter bio.

Could be a lie of course.
Had a quick read around and seems like its a lie and a fake account.

DerNebel

Had a quick read around and seems like its a lie and a fake account.
Maybe. I've found nothing convincing saying that she's lying or telling the truth.

She apparently made the rounds in June with the claim that the PS5 event was the most watched event ever, which was picked up by some websites. Non of those posted any corrections or something after the fact, not that I'd expect that from gaming journalists. So who knows.

Xevross

Sep 24, 2020, 08:29 PM Last Edit: Sep 25, 2020, 10:45 AM by Xevross
Amazon rankings before the PS5 second round:

UK

Monthly
#1 PS5
#4 XSX
#6 DualSense
#9 PS5 3D Headphone
#12 XSS
#17 PS5 digital

Yearly
#9 PS5
#46 XSX

France

Monthly
#3 PS5
#6 XSX
#25 PS5d
#31 DualSense

Yearly
#85 PS5

Canada

Monthly
#1 PS5
#4 XSX
#13 PS5d
#29 DualSense

Yearly
#78 PS5

Germany

Monthly
#3 PS5
#7 DualSense
#8 XSX
#10 PS5d
#35 XSS

Yearly
#14 PS5
#80 DualSense
#86 XSX

Xevross

PS5 has shot back to the top of the hourly charts as expected, yearly and monthly charts should update with the new sales tomorrow.

Xevross

Sep 26, 2020, 11:35 AM Last Edit: Sep 26, 2020, 11:47 AM by Xevross
Looks like the amazon restock was only in select countries, Germany, US, Canada didn't get one. Considering it was only a few retailers and each retailer seemed to have a smaller stock than the first wave, safe to say this wave was a lot smaller. Here's the amazon chart changes for UK and France anyway:

UK

Monthly
#1 PS5
#4 XSX
#6 DualSense
#8 PS5 3D Headphone (-1)
#10 PS5 digital (-7)
#12 XSS

Yearly
#7 PS5 (-2)
#47 XSX (+1)
#93 DualSense (new)

France

Monthly
#2 PS5 (-1)
#6 XSX
#25 PS5d
#27 DualSense {-4)

Yearly
#63 PS5 (-22)

Looks like a decent bit of stock for both SKUs in the UK. The PS5 digital sold a signficantly larger amount of units in its 5 minutes of stock than the Series S did all day of being available (still available now). PS5 digital has now obviously sold more than Series S in total. France didn't seem to get stock of digital but got a decent amount of new regular PS5s. Also Series S is still currently aviable to buy in France and isn't even in the top 100 for the month, so yeah... Demand for Series S is really low.

Dr. Pezus

We've already established series s is for the casuals! It's like judging Kinect on pre-orders (I do remember it getting a decent bit of pre-orders though)

Go Up