Video Game Sales Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

i mean, i don't know technology as well as you it would seem so i'll trust you on the tensor core thing.  i'm okay with that,.. i'm much more of a software guy then a hardware guy.  you're predictions sound reasonable i suppose.  what you did that i'm not seeing in the rumors is make the "xbss" specs a home console only device.  i can get behind that idea.   i really don't see option 3 happening.

however,.. those don't look like small architecture changes to me.  how natively BC would that be to the switch's software library?  seems to me to be kind of disruptive.

but i'd be more likely to buy a home console only switch then the current version.  i don't really want a switch for myself but my kid is 6.75 years old this christmas so it's been in the back of my mind he'll be getting one.  he loves playing lego games on ps4 with me but we are down to only 3 more games and after lego there isn't much in the way in age appropriate content.   a home console only version gives me a lot more control in when and where he plays as well as making it easier for us to play together.

sony really needs to put some more focus kid appropriate content, imo, because it is sony moreso than nintendo that will be selling me a nintendo switch..
A portable xbox series s will certainly not be happening for years. I have no idea what Nintendo should do in the face of next gen. Everything will be disruptive and unless they are really disruptive, they still wouldn't be strong enough for ports. My options 1 and 3 would only be enough to make Switch games look good on 4k screens.

Switch is great. Maybe you could buy a cheap one online with a busted battery so that it only works as a home console. I only use mine docked because my left joycon has drift issues. Need to use my pro controller.