Video Game Sales Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

i don't trust the rumors.

i do believe we could see a "better" model but not anywhere near the "switch 4k" rumors going around.   if the wishes rumors were all true the switch HD would cost like $600.  absolutely no fudgy way can nintendo nvidia get xbss performance into switches form factor in 2021.  

i think it will be like more like the upgrade we got in the 3DS XL,.. just a slight boost in power.   That might be just enough juice to power DLSS 2.0 on top of existing games and frankly would make much more sense.   add in a slightly larger battery, slightly higher rez screen, and controllers that don't drift and nintendo will get the nintendo die-hards to rebuy their hardware again for another 20 million in sales.

anything more than that is too much, imo.
I think it's important for Nintendo to have some way to keep up with next gen. Switch ports right now are hard but next gen will be impossible regardless of how much money switch ports make.

Also DLSS more or less runs on tensor cores added to the gpu. I don't know if enough tensor cores could be added without redesigning other components.

My 3 spec predictions.

Option 1: New Switch
Slightly upgraded CPU
Slightly upgraded GPU+tensor cores for 720p to 4k
8GB ram
Faster storage

Option 2: Switch home system with streaming
Closer to series s but focus on DLSS 2.0

Option 3: Switch HD dock
Put tensor cores+hardware in the dock and not the switch
DLSS to 4k while plugged in, regular switch when not