Pi tries to predict a Sony showcase; Sony drops a State of Play... again.

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 18, 2022, 10:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

• State of Play September 2022: Sep 13, 2022, 10:00 PM End Countdown
Go Down

kitler53

Supposedly it's on the 8th. Which if true will be announced on Friday most likely.
if true i'd expect either monday or tuesday for a thrusday show.   2 days notice is plenty in today's world.  all i need to do is click a link not book a flight to California.   keeping the announcement of the announcement close to the announcement helps build/maintain the hype.

/my opinion

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Sony generally has a show every 2-3 months, usually a State of Play.
So they're due for something. Whether it's a 20-30 minute state of Play, or a 40-60+ minute showcase, who knows?

kitler53

Sony generally has a show every 2-3 months, usually a State of Play.
So they're due for something. Whether it's a 20-30 minute state of Play, or a 40-60+ minute showcase, who knows?
i could see 2 show incoming.

GoW will almost definetly get a dedicated state of play like GT did earlier this year.

But also sony has got to have something schedule for 1H of 2023.  A "showcase" of various titles coming soon including some new announcements is probably coming too.  that showcase would not be a blowout E3 kind of showcase but i'm sure they've got things to show off.  
- i'd bet there is another couple of indie titles coming to extra/premium day-1worth highlighting (like stray)
- third party "partnerships" like forespoken or hogwarts or whatever
- psvr 2 
- whatever sony views as their next most import title after GoW ships.  even though sony is announcing most things close to release the next "big thing" will be announced with a longer marketing cycle.

the-pi-guy

straws l'mliterally grasping at Straws! Ho Hamburger Bob Belcher cartoon technology text

It's unusual that Sony has announced the PS+ Essentials/Extra/Premium line ups at the same time.
They had been announcing the Extra/Premium on the wednesday middle of the month, which would be the 14th.

What if... they pulled it early so that the showcase would be their big news that week?  

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br><br>Yeah I know this is weak.<br><br>

kitler53

probably more of a policy change.

it's frustrating to me that for $10 a month people complain so loudly that they aren't getting their money worth from the 15 games they got.   like,.. for fudges sake $10 a month is not a sustainable model for our industry to give you day-1 access to every game from every publisher in the industry and i fukting promise you that if the service did provide that level of service gamers would still complain on a slow month.

putting all the games in-front of them all at once is probably just there to limit the amount of shitposting that happens every month....

the-pi-guy

I was kind of expecting that my prediction would end up being wrong, thinking a show would happen a week earlier than predicted.

2020: show was announced on Saturday (12th) for Wednesday (16th)
2021: show was announced on Thursday (2nd) for Thursday (9th)

I think we'll see a showcase announcement in the next 8 days.   8)

BananaKing

Yeah I think your prediction has a good shot of becoming true

the-pi-guy

Feeling less optimistic this week.

One reliable person on Era has said they have been trying to find out about a showcase and there seems to be nothing.

Grubbs has clearly not heard of a showcase.  Even though he leaked a Nintendo Direct happening soon, and several other events. There's nothing PlayStation on his schedule.

Wouldn't be terribly surprised if it ended up being a GoW state of play soon though.

the-pi-guy

There are quite a few things that shouldn't be too far off from being announced:
- lots of Returnal, Sackboy PC rumors
- Team Asobi's next game
- Arrowhead's next game
- Silent Hill remake that has been getting spoiled

There's also lot of other things that are up in the air for when they could be announced: (As in they could be soon, or they could be years out)
- Kojima's next game
- Potentially a From Software exclusive (Hermen has mentioned From Software as a partner a few times)
- Probably a few projects in PlayStation Studios that aren't that far off

The possibilities here are pretty much:
- There's a show soonish.
- Sony doesn't have that much for next year (which feels unlikely)
- Sony has other avenues for announcing these (perhaps a big PlayStation experience to end the year. Or it could just be a few blog posts, a surprise appearance at TGS, etc.)

the-pi-guy

Sep 09, 2022, 04:15 PM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2022, 04:31 PM by the-pi-guy
Welp, seems like it's time to pack it up.

Maybe there's a chance of a good PSX in December.   :'(

Confirmed: no showcase =>

kitler53

the-pi-guy

"confirmed"
The joke is that Tidux is always wrong, so if he says something is happening, then it's not happening.

BananaKing

the-pi-guy

Brutal.  

Expect about ~20 minutes of reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay footage for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2.

Legend

Well at least they have something  :P

Go Up