PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rorono

Ignore them Kupo :o

I do but that doesn't help if a lot of people don't do the same. We're talking about a certain power, and unfortunately I have no power.

darkknightkryta

I do but that doesn't help if a lot of people don't do the same. We're talking about a certain power, and unfortunately I have no power.

This is why the review system is broken.  Hell have you read reviews lately?  They're poorly written and not very discriptive.  I remember reviews from the PSX era.  They used to be 4-5 pages long and used to go in depth with everything.  Even sound effects used to be critiqued.  Now we get "Yeah this game lives up to the hype" or "This game isn't that good, it's repetitive, I give it a 7".  Do they go into depth with why it's repetitive or lives up to the hype?   Nope

Raven

This is why the review system is broken.  Hell have you read reviews lately?  They're poorly written and not very discriptive.  I remember reviews from the PSX era.  They used to be 4-5 pages long and used to go in depth with everything.  Even sound effects used to be critiqued.  Now we get "Yeah this game lives up to the hype" or "This game isn't that good, it's repetitive, I give it a 7".  Do they go into depth with why it's repetitive or lives up to the hype?   Nope

Which is why despite not liking how often Kotaku has been involved in social political battleship I do enjoy reading their reviews. I don't think anyone does it like it used to be done but I think they're pretty close. I like reviews from Hardcore Gamer, too. Though the fact that they're handing out numerical values to their reviews still doesn't sit well with me.

Legend

I like reviews from videogamer and gametrailers. I see the reviewers on screen talking about games so much that I reallyunderstand they're honest gamers.

darkknightkryta

Which is why despite not liking how often Kotaku has been involved in social political battleship I do enjoy reading their reviews. I don't think anyone does it like it used to be done but I think they're pretty close. I like reviews from Hardcore Gamer, too. Though the fact that they're handing out numerical values to their reviews still doesn't sit well with me.

I like the way Kotaku does it because they give it a "check it out", or "Don't buy it" they give it monetary value.  I personally believe if I can get 8 hours out of a game, and its enjoyable, I've got my 60 dollars worth.  I use this reasoning since I spend at least 15 dollars on a 2 hour movie (15 dollars per 2 hours of gameplay).  The rating score made sense before when it used to actually be average based and had the in-depth analysis.  A game having 7 for presentation, 8 graphics, 8 sounds, 7 gameplay should have a 7.5 average.  Now you'll get those same ratings, then depending on how much money the publisher gives will be a 7 or a 9 for a final score.  Hell they don't even break down games anymore they just give whatever the publisher paid for.  Reviews honestly lost all meaning.

the-pi-guy

Got my money's worth is 1$ per hour*

*Subject to replayability. 

Raven

Raven

GO WATCH THE STREAM! LIVE MATCH OF SF5!!

darkknightkryta

You pirate movies don't you? :P

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Bwest, you accept mt friendship!!

BananaKing

for me its a 12~ long single player that justifies a purchase. i would rather much spend 50 or less on that. 15 hours is easily worth 60 for me.

if its a 5 hour game with a pretty good multiplayer (killzone 3 for example) then its well worth my money.

Destiny is a 10~ hour single player. 5 strikes which offer massive replay ability and a very good multiplayer mode. over all i easily put around 50 hours into the game. so well well worth the money, even though i would rate it a 8/10.

darkknightkryta

Well I'm just using the logic that I'd spend 15+ dollars on a movie at the theatre and never get my money back and not care. So I can justify 2 hours of entertainment for 15 dollars.

Go Up