PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

You wouldn't believe what I've seen.  
Please don't leak the second GPU in the controller. Sony wants to surprise people with that.

Dr. Pezus

You wouldn't believe what I've seen.  
All those moments lost in time

Xevross

Fall Guys hit 56k concurrent users on steam. Now that's what an impressive launch actually looks like, not naming any names... *cough* Grounded *cough*.

Dr. Pezus

Fall Guys hit 56k concurrent users on steam. Now that's what an impressive launch actually looks like, not naming any names... *cough* Grounded *cough*.
I wonder how many will play on PS4

kitler53

looks like fallguys is finally free on psn.  i'm definitely going to try that out tonight.  looks like my kind of multiplayer.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Aug 04, 2020, 05:39 PM Last Edit: Aug 04, 2020, 05:47 PM by Xevross
Fall Guys steam peak up to 73k, more than 4x Grounded's all time peak. Also over 500k viewers on twitch at the moment.

This is huge for sure and shows what a range of things being #1 on the steam chart can mean.

Legend

Fall Guys steam peak up to 73k, more than 4x Grounded's all time peak. Also over 500k viewers on twitch at the moment.

This is huge for sure and shows what a range of things being #1 on the steam chart can mean.
I was thinking it'd end up huge, but now I'm not sure.

Fall Guys receives mixed user reviews on Steam, with users citing reasonable complaints. Developer claims review bombing due to server issues. | ResetEra

Xevross

I was thinking it'd end up huge, but now I'm not sure.

Fall Guys receives mixed user reviews on Steam, with users citing reasonable complaints. Developer claims review bombing due to server issues. | ResetEra

Its already back to mostly positive. PC players are so demanding with this shame, what are review bombs gonna do about it?

Legend

Its already back to mostly positive. PC players are so demanding with this shame, what are review bombs gonna do about it?
You misunderstand. No review bombs, just people having mixed thoughts on the game.

Xevross

You misunderstand. No review bombs, just people having mixed thoughts on the game.
Very few are actually mixed thoughts, but yes it does seem longeivty will be a problem.

Dr. Pezus

Isn't it mostly for servers not handling the load?

Legend

Isn't it mostly for servers not handling the load?
I wouldn't consider server issues a reviewbomb, but yeah the three general things seems to be can't play the game, game needs more modes, game is microtransaction focused.

kitler53

so i took fall guys out for a spin last night.  on the one hand i really like it and on the other it feels like a failure.

the core concept is pretty much amazing.   basically it is a "platformer battle royal" instead of a "shooter battle royal".  as a guy that loves platformers and is only so-so on shooters i am immediately drawn to this game.  i want it to be good.  i want to keep playing it.  but...

the platforming is a bit floaty.   the level design is good but not great.  the characters are a bit generic feeling.   they are a bit "samey" too which when there are 60 characters on the screen means i sometimes kind of lost where my specific guy was.  that particular criticism might go away a bit as the game develops and people earn more costume options but yesterday in particular there were a lot of people that looked almost identical to me.  my last critism is they need to seriously increase the number of levels,.. after only 1 night of play i had already repeated the "see saw" and "nest" levels a dozen times.  it's a pretty bad place to be if redundancy is a thing i'm thinking about after only 1 play session.

honestly, what i'm reallly hoping for is this is just successful enough to be ripped off.  

i think sony could rip this off really well utilizing the LBP franchise and it would be an amazing game and sell decently or do well as a f2p game.   LBP would fit in well with the "customize your character" dynamic, is a natural fit for platforming, and has a lot of establish gameplay features that could be well leveraged for the genre.  who knows, you could even support the level builder for community submitted levels that would keep the gameplay fresh for a long time.

However, I think nintendo could turn this 20+ million evergreen franchise if they used their established mario universe IP and added to the gameplay some of that "rubber banding" you see in games like mario kart.  it would probably end up a multi-billion a generation franchise for them with some "fair" micro transactions.  it certainly has the potential to be a killer app for them not only selling consoles but also their online service in a way that none of their other games do.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

so i took fall guys out for a spin last night.  on the one hand i really like it and on the other it feels like a failure.

the core concept is pretty much amazing.   basically it is a "platformer battle royal" instead of a "shooter battle royal".  as a guy that loves platformers and is only so-so on shooters i am immediately drawn to this game.  i want it to be good.  i want to keep playing it.  but...

the platforming is a bit floaty.   the level design is good but not great.  the characters are a bit generic feeling.   they are a bit "samey" too which when there are 60 characters on the screen means i sometimes kind of lost where my specific guy was.  that particular criticism might go away a bit as the game develops and people earn more costume options but yesterday in particular there were a lot of people that looked almost identical to me.  my last critism is they need to seriously increase the number of levels,.. after only 1 night of play i had already repeated the "see saw" and "nest" levels a dozen times.  it's a pretty bad place to be if redundancy is a thing i'm thinking about after only 1 play session.

honestly, what i'm reallly hoping for is this is just successful enough to be ripped off.  

i think sony could rip this off really well utilizing the LBP franchise and it would be an amazing game and sell decently or do well as a f2p game.   LBP would fit in well with the "customize your character" dynamic, is a natural fit for platforming, and has a lot of establish gameplay features that could be well leveraged for the genre.  who knows, you could even support the level builder for community submitted levels that would keep the gameplay fresh for a long time.

However, I think nintendo could turn this 20+ million evergreen franchise if they used their established mario universe IP and added to the gameplay some of that "rubber banding" you see in games like mario kart.  it would probably end up a multi-billion a generation franchise for them with some "fair" micro transactions.  it certainly has the potential to be a killer app for them not only selling consoles but also their online service in a way that none of their other games do.
Yep completely agree with you.

Xevross

Played a bit more fall guys with a friend today, got my second win. I think I'm bored of it already now though, I played all the levels more than once and its getting samey.

Go Up