Russia is invading the Ukraine, how are we not talking about this.

Started by kitler53, Feb 21, 2022, 10:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

there was an article on the NYT that was pretty spot on.   Russia is bein "cancelled".   war is no longer a thing between heads of state,... everyone now participates and the west have collectively canceled russia in a way i don't think putin could have ever imagined.   remains to be seen if it will work.   

there is a saying that goes along the lines of "you can't just not do business with bad people".   seems "the people" disagree with that statement.  things will get very interesting once china invades Taiwan.    Can we really cancel china?   ...if i was a western business owner with dealings in china i would be preparing for that because i think it's very likely to happen.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I don't really have words for this tweet. Posted from the head of the Russian space program.

It doesn't even put Russia in a positive light.

kitler53

ffs.  ffs man.  

BananaKing

What.  The.. fudge...

Dr. Pezus

I don't really have words for this tweet. Posted from the head of the Russian space program.

It doesn't even put Russia in a positive light.
Uhm what was the point of that. To show Russia is a bully?

the-pi-guy

Uhm what was the point of that. To show Russia is a bully?
For some reason a lot of people associate being a bully to being strong.

They think being a bully can actually be good because they view it as a sign of strength.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Russia bombed a theatre with possibly hundreds of people, families in Mariupol today. The Ukrainians had even spelled "children" in big letters on the ground on both sides of the building. fudgy scum.

BananaKing

Russia bombed a theatre with possibly hundreds of people, families in Mariupol today. The Ukrainians had even spelled "children" in big letters on the ground on both sides of the building. fudgy scum.
Im always amazed at how inhumane some people can become. This isn't just putin, this is his generals too, his advisors, his soldiers. These are all people who want to do this shame. Its sickening

kitler53

russia is not escalating their "not a war" by:
- calling up 300,000 reservists
- pretty directly threatening to nuke NATO countries
- holding sham elections to claim parts of Ukraine as Russia insisting that will have to lead to an immediate cease fire or "their borders" are being threatened....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/putin-announces-partial-mobilization-russian-military-ukraine-war-rcna48585

ffs i hate men with delusions of grandeur.  

darkknightkryta

russia is not escalating their "not a war" by:
- calling up 300,000 reservists
- pretty directly threatening to nuke NATO countries
- holding sham elections to claim parts of Ukraine as Russia insisting that will have to lead to an immediate cease fire or "their borders" are being threatened....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/putin-announces-partial-mobilization-russian-military-ukraine-war-rcna48585

ffs i hate men with delusions of grandeur.  
Apparently there's classified parts to that callup and it's up to a million.  They'll probably station another 300k soldiers in the next few weeks. Not to relieve the exhausted ~300k they already sent (60kish are dead or injured) but to send them to the slaughter.  The other 700k I would imagine they'd piece meal throughout the months as they train them with... farmers?  Since all their colonels, generals and officers are at the war front already.

kitler53

Apparently there's classified parts to that callup and it's up to a million.  They'll probably station another 300k soldiers in the next few weeks. Not to relieve the exhausted ~300k they already sent (60kish are dead or injured) but to send them to the slaughter.  The other 700k I would imagine they'd piece meal throughout the months as they train them with... farmers?  Since all their colonels, generals and officers are at the war front already.
yeah.  I fear that's how it will go. 

as much as I hate Putin I feel bad for ordinary Russians.  state run media.  opposition gets murdered. sham elections. 

Putin can't train or equip these solders.   they don't deserve to be meat shields. 

darkknightkryta

yeah.  I fear that's how it will go.

as much as I hate Putin I feel bad for ordinary Russians.  state run media.  opposition gets murdered. sham elections.

Putin can't train or equip these solders.   they don't deserve to be meat shields.
Nope.

the-pi-guy

Go Up