MK8 sells 1.2 million opening weekend

Started by Legend, Jun 02, 2014, 06:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

lol ok, I agree completely with that :)

Just system sales though I expect Xbox One to finish in front of Wii U.

ethomaz

Just system sales though I expect Xbox One to finish in front of Wii U.

I have my doubts.. at least not this year.

Dr. Pezus

I have my doubts.. at least not this year.

It will take some time but it will get there. WiiU will widen the gap now until the price drop, after which they both could be about equal for a while until the holidays.

Dr. Pezus

Looks like the game only boosted WiiU to 19k in Japan...
That's WAY less than I was expecting tbh. PS4 will definitely remain ahead WW now

darkknightkryta

That's WAY less than I was expecting tbh. PS4 will definitely remain ahead WW now

I don't know why people were expecting more.  Nintendo's big chance might be if that rumour is true about the tabletless Wii U for 150.  I think it'll make a lot of impulse purchases and might take some soccer moms away from the PS4.

BananaKing

11k in UK and 19K in Japan. i dont expect a big HW boost worldwide. im guessing sub 100k for the week.

ethomaz

11k in UK and 19K in Japan. i dont expect a big HW boost worldwide. im guessing sub 100k for the week.

If others had a similar boost then you can say at least 120k. In both cases it was 3-4x the numbers of previous week.

Dr. Pezus

Nah I think 100-150k now. PS4 will be ~200k or more

Dr. Pezus

MK will be WiiU's biggest game ever released. This was truly its last chance imo. SSB is another one but it's a smaller franchise than MK

7H3

I'm going to get my first chance to play this game tonight!!! So HYPED!!!! (o:
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Go Up