General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

The weather forecast for wednesday is a high of -9F/-22C.

Not including wind chill.  :P
Fairly cold then!

the-pi-guy

Legend

Pft.  :P
Perfect weather to bake pancakes and put them on friends' cars so they freeze.

Dr. Pezus

Pft.  :P
Yeah wtf seems like it'll be cold in New York as well next week and I'm going

nnodley

I'm so over winter!  Suppose to be like 5/-7 here next week.  Not as bad as where Pi is at, but still ridiculous.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

That's why i dont work at small companies anymore. I get almost 40 days off a year at my current company.

the-pi-guy

Wind-chill is supposed to be -40 to -50F
On Wednesday

Legend

Xevross

nnodley

Jan 27, 2019, 07:37 PM Last Edit: Jan 27, 2019, 07:40 PM by nnodley
That's why i dont work at small companies anymore. I get almost 40 days off a year at my current company.
Gotta get my freelance work going better so I can just take as much time as I want off when I want. Thing I hate about only getting 10 days off is that I can't really do much traveling   I have Florida vacation in may that will have to take 4 or 5 of them. And then we want to go to Vegas which will take another 2 or 3 depending on if we go over a weekend. Leaving maybe 2 to 4 for not much else. Me and a friend have been wanting to do a national park road trip across the US but now its kinda impossible.

Plus only lately have I been wanting to travel more so getting this job comes at a bad time  I wish I would have taken freelance a little more seriously while working on my game the last year or so

the-pi-guy

It's fricken busy at work.  Everyone is getting ready for this week.  

Legend

So it turns out my rabbit is blind on top of having a broken arm and a tumor. Really interesting that we never noticed. He apparently has the layout of everything memorised.

the-pi-guy

There's a lot of people that think every item in the store has a security tag on it that gets deactivated as soon as it gets scanned.  

It's super bizarre to me.  

It's happened a lot where people will make a comment about how they don't need the alarm going off so please scan my water under my cart with the hand scanner.

Despite the fact that most items don't have a security tag like that.  
And the hand scanner doesn't deactivate anything .

Xevross

There's a lot of people that think every item in the store has a security tag on it that gets deactivated as soon as it gets scanned.  

It's super bizarre to me.  

It's happened a lot where people will make a comment about how they don't need the alarm going off so please scan my water under my cart with the hand scanner.

Despite the fact that most items don't have a security tag like that.  
And the hand scanner doesn't deactivate anything .
I guess people thinks those entrance/ exit scanners are more clever than they actually are.

Legend

On the topic of theft, it's insane how common it is. I meet my mom for lunch a lot and you can just sit in parking lots watching cop cars pull up to stores.

Go Up