Twisted Metal is back!

Started by Legend, Feb 22, 2021, 08:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

with a tv show

DerNebel

I swear to god, it's beyond me why this franchise is apparently one of the first things they've decided to do with this Playstation TV initiative.

kitler53

I swear to god, it's beyond me why this franchise is apparently one of the first things they've decided to do with this Playstation TV initiative.
seems like good TV to me.

i mean, i guess you could say that since the franchise is pretty much dead there is no point and to generate corporate synergy they should do something like ratchet and clank.   ...but it seems like good TV to me.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

It's super weird.  

Uncharted and TLOU make a lot of sense. But TM feels out of left field.

kitler53

It's super weird.  

Uncharted and TLOU make a lot of sense. But TM feels out of left field.
it includes the writers from deadpool.  a dark humor series featuring car wrecks?    ...seems like good TV to me.

the-pi-guy

it includes the writers from deadpool.  a dark humor series featuring car wrecks?    ...seems like good TV to me.
Not saying it's bad, just not expected.

DerNebel

seems like good TV to me.

i mean, i guess you could say that since the franchise is pretty much dead there is no point and to generate corporate synergy they should do something like ratchet and clank.   ...but it seems like good TV to me.  
I mean we'll just have to see once it's out, to me it just sounds kind of silly. Twisted Metal as a franchise doesn't really fit in with Playstations sort of """high class game maker""" brand that they've worked to cultivate in the last 5-6 years, and even if they wanted to get Twisted Metal back into the limelight, why not make a game instead?

Personally I consider this whole TV show initiative a waste of time and money, but if they're doing it they could at least try to create this synergy you mentioned and try to address some demographics that they aren't really getting at the moment. Do something for kids, so maybe R&C like you mentioned, or Astrobot or maybe this stupid Sly Cooper thing that they announced years ago, that never manifested into anything. Maybe try some Anime stuff, Sony is pushing hard into that industry after all. Dunno Twisted Metal just feels extremely random.

Legend

I think synergy is bad in this case.

Would a gow movie add anything to the game? No. Modern sony games are already blockbusters that reach everyone interested. The movie/show either needs to try its own thing ala witcher or be a non blockbuster franchise ala Twisted Metal imo.

kitler53

you guys.

the most important part to corporate synergy is the merch.  you guys laugh now but when sony sells out their new line of ice cream trucks sony is going to be the one laughing.  ...all the way to the bank.

darkknightkryta

I'm assuming the Deadpool writers had an idea for a T.V. show based on Twisted Metal and Sony okay'd  it.  That's about as far as I'd go into looking into this.  I doubt someone at Sony pictures went to the Deadpool writers and pitched Twisted Metal to them.