WarpDrive built. NASA mystified by device.

Started by Legend, Apr 21, 2015, 07:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

DD_Bwest

Jul 27, 2015, 11:07 PM Last Edit: Jul 27, 2015, 11:13 PM by DD_Bwest
"Some damage to our theories of physics is an acceptable payoff if we get a working space drive," lol man this is exciting.. i really wish there was the drive for space like there was in the 60's..  they need to triple nasa's funding lol

MEGA

full paper here

Legend

"Some damage to our theories of physics is an acceptable payoff if we get a working space drive," lol man this is exciting.. i really wish there was the drive for space like there was in the 60's..  they need to triple nasa's funding lol
They need to increase NASA's funding ten fold!

In my hobbyist opinion, I'd wager the Em Drive has 1 to 1,000 odds of being legit. For potentially revolutionizing everything, that's pretty good!

DD_Bwest

They need to increase NASA's funding ten fold!

In my hobbyist opinion, I'd wager the Em Drive has 1 to 1,000 odds of being legit. For potentially revolutionizing everything, that's pretty good!
still think there is a chance its outside interference?   i wish nasa had to money to just build a small one and launch it up there lol

Legend

still think there is a chance its outside interference?   i wish nasa had to money to just build a small one and launch it up there lol
I doubt it's interference in the classical sense. I'd wager it really is producing thrust.

The problem is producing thrust and producing reactionless thrust are completely different things. Until we have a theory behind it, or have it launched into deep space and see it work, it's still more likely to be a dud.

Legend

It's been 6 months of testing yet the thrust still exists.

Most recent test by NASA has eliminated practically all possible interference, and yet it's still 370 times more efficient than a perfect photon rocket.

I'd dare say the odds of this being real are getting crazy good for how revolutionary it could be. 1 out of 4 chance it's legit.

DD_Bwest

Most recent test by NASA has eliminated practically all possible interference, and yet it's still 370 times more efficient than a perfect photon rocket.

I'd dare say the odds of this being real are getting crazy good for how revolutionary it could be. 1 out of 4 chance it's legit.
has eagleworks released any new data?

Raven

Wow. Here I thought it was going to be one of those, "Ooops! We forgot to check on something and it turns out we were wrong". But months later and they still haven't seen anything to make it a dud.

Xevross

Colour me excited!

DD_Bwest

Next Big Future: NASA Eagleworks has tested an upgraded Emdrive

found this,  i guess this musta been what legend heard.   i read a bit from the nasaspaceflight forum, this is getting really exciting

Legend

Next Big Future: NASA Eagleworks has tested an upgraded Emdrive

found this,  i guess this musta been what legend heard.   i read a bit from the nasaspaceflight forum, this is getting really exciting
Yup.

Go Up