The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

Raven

Started watching Akame Ga Kill...its pretty good! Its unfortunate that there's only 11 episodes so far :(

That show is really good so far. It seems to be following the manga very well and I love how the writer is not afraid to kill off characters or make you hate characters you at first thought he wanted you to like.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, the thing I don't like about Naruto at the moment, is that it doesn't feel like we're getting anywhere. 

darkknightkryta

Yeah, the thing I don't like about Naruto at the moment, is that it doesn't feel like we're getting anywhere. 

I never does.  Literally the manga is ending and nothing of note has happened.

Raven

I never does.  Literally the manga is ending and nothing of note has happened.

Meanwhile, manga that I actually give a shame about like Black Lagoon and High School of the Dead continue to be on hiatus. The D.Grayman anime will never be finished, either. Thank whatever god you believe in that One Piece keeps fudgy going, though. Wouldn't want them to finally fudgy conclude that piece of shame now would we?

darkknightkryta

Sep 18, 2014, 02:20 AM Last Edit: Sep 18, 2014, 02:28 AM by darkknightkryta

Meanwhile, manga that I actually give a shame about like Black Lagoon and High School of the Dead continue to be on hiatus. The D.Grayman anime will never be finished, either. Thank whatever god you believe in that One Piece keeps fudgy going, though. Wouldn't want them to finally fudgy conclude that piece of shame now would we?

Isn't One Piece good though?  Black Lagoon is getting issues trickling in.  It's just hard to tell if the scanlators are behind or if the issues are coming out sporadically.  High School of the Dead had one issue made and funded by Yen Press (The U.S.A. licensee of the manga).  Guess that issue didn't make the money they wanted to continue funding the series, or something. 

I'm just overall sad.  Pretty much every manga I read is ending, ended or on hiatus.  Naruto, Bleach. Sekirei are ending soon.  History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is over in what was a rushed, lackluster ending.  Rosario Vampire also ended in a rushed lackluster ending.  Maouyuu Maou Yuusha also appears to be on hiatus (Not sure how the light novel is going).  High School of the Dead is dead for all intent and purposes.  Black Lagoon doesn't have a consistent schedule.  Good Ending, Kimi No Iru Machi, Princess Resurrection are over.  All the Lim Dal Young books he wrote got rushed endings since they were all on hiatus when he started freezing.  Only thing worth reading from him now is Legend of Maian and that's also on hiatus since the artist is working on Freezing Zero.  All I have left on the manga front is Princess Lucia, Fuuka, Fairy Tail(Which is wearing thin) and Breaker the New Waves.  There isn't even a good shonen replacing Naruto and Bleach.  I think the Jump might go out of business.

Raven

Isn't One Piece good though?  Black Lagoon is getting issues trickling in.  It's just hard to tell if the scanlators are behind or if the issues are coming out sporadically.  High School of the Dead had one issue made and funded by Yen Press (The U.S.A. licensee of the manga).  Guess that issue didn't make the money they wanted to continue funding the series, or something.

Can't stand One Piece.

darkknightkryta

Can't stand One Piece.

Read the rest, I added quite a bit.

Proxy-Pie

Can't say I have.  It sounds old.

That's cuz it is :P
It was never dubbed in English too...

Proxy-Pie

So is this thread like the VGC one or Can we talk about animes like Bleach? cuz I love dat show! :P

the-pi-guy

So is this thread like the VGC one or Can we talk about animes like Bleach? cuz I love dat show! :P

What's the VGC thread like?

darkknightkryta

You can talk about Bleach here.  I'm not some kind of anti Bleach nazi.

Raven

^ Don't listen to him. He hates Bleach.

darkknightkryta

^Don't listen to him, he hates cats.

the-pi-guy

^Don't listen to him, he doesn't know that Raven loves cats.  Waaay too much to be legal, to be honest. 

DrakeSnake

^Dont listen to him. ............................................ just dont listen to him.

Go Up