XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Jul 31, 2020, 02:03 PM Last Edit: Jul 31, 2020, 02:06 PM by kitler53
probably just personal expectation but i wouldn't be too surprised if true.   MS needs to do something bold and i think this fit in with their next gen plans anyways.  MS is focusing on games with extended services models.  they need as many players as possible for these "free-to-play" games to dropping the play to play online requirement is kinda of a necessity. 

not sure this will really get a lot more subscribers for gamepass.   despite the proclamation of "value" all over the internet the service still doesn't get the generations best games and ms first party is just not that good.  it's not worth the $180 a year asking price.   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

I guess it really is happening?!?

Ever since I stumbled on to Microsoft delisting 1 year gold subs, there has been a growing hope that it was going away. A few people like grub alluded to it but that's pretty direct.

Would be an amazing power move.

Legend

kitler53

Xevross

Before the showcase it seemed like xbox had the PR advantage over Sony. Obviously they lost it and now they're trying to gain it back again. With Lockheart still to come it could work... we'll see.

kitler53

Before the showcase it seemed like xbox had the PR advantage over Sony. Obviously they lost it and now they're trying to gain it back again. With Lockheart still to come it could work... we'll see.
it will be a tough job in a lot of ways.  they've spent soo much marketing on "most powerful ever" and then got hammered on cross gen and a bad halo demo.  lockhart  will only only add to the woah of xbox (series x) not being worth upgrading too. 

i don't evny the marketing guys working on the sales pitch right now.  about the only thing they have going for them is price and even that will be a disadvantage if lockhart is priced above $299. 

Legend

Jul 31, 2020, 11:31 PM Last Edit: Aug 01, 2020, 06:20 PM by Legend
Their marketing so far has been confusing but hopefully once the big bucks are being spent it's better.

"Get the best next gen experience. Starting at $299"

Legend

Microsoft rebrands Xbox Game Pass to simply Game Pass (Bonus: Thurrott also believes Xbox Live Gold is going away) Rumor | ResetEra

The service is now known as Game Pass, with its variants being Game Pass for PC, and Game Pass for Xbox.

https://www.thurrott.com/games/xbox/238570/microsofts-updating-xbox-game-pass-branding

The company is rebranding Xbox Game Pass to simply Game Pass. This move distances the companies Game Pass subscription from being explicitly tied to its gaming console. The company is also changing Xbox Game Pass for PC to simply Game Pass for PC.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
The article also mentions that Thurrott believes XBLG is going away too, as Microsoft even removed the 12 and 24 months options from its employees only store / website.

While this is a minor update, this may be the start of a bigger transition for Microsoft. The company recently removed Xbox Live pre-paid cards for 12 months from its website and many, myself included, believe that this is the start of phasing out Xbox Live Gold.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  

the-pi-guy

More smoke.

I'm guessing they'll announce that it's going away in the next 6 months.

Legend

More smoke.

I'm guessing they'll announce that it's going away in the next 6 months.
Better announce before series x launches.

the-pi-guy

Legend

kitler53

xbox online services.   seems like the fad these days to have "function" product names.  my company is doing this too.  my product used to be called "prism" and now it's called "predictive analytics".

Legend

xbox online services.   seems like the fad these days to have "function" product names.  my company is doing this too.  my product used to be called "prism" and now it's called "predictive analytics".
Should name my next game "interactive entertainment product."

kitler53

Should name my next game "interactive entertainment product."
i laughed.

Go Up