XBOX COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Slayer, Sep 05, 2014, 02:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/5/21355756/microsoft-xbox-live-rename-gold-free-rumors

Recent rumors have also speculated that Xbox Live Gold is going away or perhaps even being made free. I asked Microsoft to comment on the rumors, and the company said: "We have no plans to discontinue Xbox Live Gold at this time. It is an important part of gaming on Xbox today, and will continue to be in the future."
wouldn't be the first time a company blatantly lied to consumers just before making the rumored whatever.   but at least for today it would seem the rumors are just wishful thinking.

This split gets especially tricky for games like Halo Infinite, which Microsoft has promised will have a free-to-play multiplayer mode. If Microsoft does continue Xbox Live Gold as a paid service on Xbox consoles, then PC players will get totally free access to Halo Infinite and Xbox players will not.
is this even a true statement?   I know on playstation you don't need to have ps+ to play online multiplayer if the game itself is a free-to-play game.  is xbox not the same?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/5/21355756/microsoft-xbox-live-rename-gold-free-rumors

wouldn't be the first time a company blatantly lied to consumers just before making the rumored whatever.   but at least for today it would seem the rumors are just wishful thinking.
is this even a true statement?   I know on playstation you don't need to have ps+ to play online multiplayer if the game itself is a free-to-play game.  is xbox not the same?

Xbox is not the same.  

Legend

wouldn't be the first time a company blatantly lied to consumers just before making the rumored whatever.   but at least for today it would seem the rumors are just wishful thinking.
is this even a true statement?   I know on playstation you don't need to have ps+ to play online multiplayer if the game itself is a free-to-play game.  is xbox not the same?

You need xbox live gold for f2p games yeah.

If this really is just gold becoming $100 a year, that'd be a sucky way to start next gen.

kitler53

Xbox is not the same.  
You need xbox live gold for f2p games yeah.
well that is dumb.  it's not free-to-play if it's not free-to-play..

Xevross

well that is dumb.  it's not free-to-play if it's not free-to-play..

Its one of the reasons people convinced themselves that live gold is going away, it would fit in with all the amazing pro-consumer stuff microsoft is doing right now. Yay!

kitler53

Its one of the reasons people convinced themselves that live gold is going away, it would fit in with all the amazing pro-consumer stuff microsoft is doing right now. Yay!
nothing screams pro-consumer like ending a decade long standing anti-consumer policy..

the-pi-guy

Xbox: "we are dropping the Xbox 20/20 phrasing; no longer necessarily about dedicated monthly showcases, to be more flexible about updates" | ResetEra

So, I noticed a while back that Xbox stopped updating their Xbox 20/20 announcement website, and was curious why they didn't bother to include the Xbox Games Showcase into the archive. Then when I checked again, the link got deleted lmao: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-2020

This used to be a hub page that had May Inside Xbox details, and was meant to be a hub for Xbox 20/20 related announcements.

So I did some checking on all Xbox 20/20 related things, and found this quietly updated Editor's Note that was attached 3 days ago to the original Xbox 20/20 post as linked below: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/05/xbox-2020-the-future-of-xbox/

(Editor's Note on 8/7/2020 - Xbox has a massive year ahead of us, as outlined below. After reassessing our programming for the rest of the year, we've decided to stop using the "Xbox 20/20" phrasing as it implied that we would be releasing information in one way only, through a dedicated monthly show. We've got so much more to share with news about Xbox Series X, new games like Halo: Infinite, and cloud gaming via Xbox Game Pass. We're going to share that news in a variety of ways. It may sometimes be a dedicated show, YouTube videos, partnering with others, or sharing the latest via Xbox Wire. We want to stay flexible with how we connect with you.)  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Goodbye, 20/20 - we hardly knew ye.  
[/size]

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Aug 10, 2020, 05:32 PM Last Edit: Aug 10, 2020, 05:35 PM by the-pi-guy
It's super weird that MS announces monthly updates and it didn't even last a month

And quietly burying that it existed.

kitler53

lol.  MS doing game announcements like the are doing games.   announce it and then quietly kill it..

DerNebel

Halo has been delayed to 2021.... I'm just... huh... kind of flabbergasted by this.

kitler53

Halo has been delayed to 2021.... I'm just... huh... kind of flabbergasted by this.
i'm not.  this is a great decision.  halo NEEDS to be a killer app and if that means a spring release than so be it.

DerNebel

i'm not.  this is a great decision.  halo NEEDS to be a killer app and if that means a spring release than so be it.
Halo was the center piece of their next generation launch. Maybe it's just me but the fact that this decision has been made simply makes me question just how iced this game is. I would expect MS to do pretty much everything in their power to have this game be there on day 1.

That that isn't possible screams that a lot more is wrong here than "oh we just need some more time to polish this". Delays are good for games yada yada yada but a delay for this game at this crucial point in time? I won't be surprised whatsoever if Halo Infinite turns into a complete trainwreck.

kitler53

I won't be surprised whatsoever if Halo Infinite turns into a complete trainwreck.
one would generally assume that a gameplay trailer would feature one of the best sections of the game.   

if true for halo than trainwreck is an understatement.  probably better to get a few million console sales on the promise of a halo that is good than to give the world the knowledge that the game is terrible..

the-pi-guy

Go Up