PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

Sep 21, 2019, 10:27 PM Last Edit: Sep 21, 2019, 10:57 PM by kitler53

27:30 in the video.

Yeah it'd mostly be an annoying feature unless the player was involved. The closest thing I believe ever happened was Sony putting Destiny 2 on people's systems (but it didn't download the full game unless you bought it).
well that was a highly specific sentence.  i'm glad that didn't happen.  i'm still mostly annoyed that the netflix app isn't just in the main bar instead of buried in their area to advertise different services.  i'm used to it but not impressed.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Also part two will not include multiplayer

Legend

Also part two will not include multiplayer
Good, even though I loved multiplayer in the original.

BananaKing

My prediction of tlou 2 selling over 5 million week one will be true

Dr. Pezus

Definitely

Xevross

5 million is ridiculously huge, only two PS exclusives have ever got over 3m and Spidey holds the current record with 3.3m. 5m would be a 50% jump over that record, which was set by one of the most iconic IPs in modern pop culture.

Breaking the record in any way would be fantastic, the first game sold 1.4m first week so that would be way over double if it pulled it off. Personally I think it'll manage an incredible 3.5-4.0m, anything over that would be insanity. I suppose a 94+ meta revealed a week early could give it a big push like with God of War.

the-pi-guy

Been replaying Uncharted with my sister.  

Uncharted 1 - Has so many glaring flaws, but still a good game.  

Uncharted 2 - hot Jam this is good.  Even just moving around feels better to me in this game than the first. Gameplay is just so much better.  And dang, the visuals.  

kitler53

Sep 30, 2019, 02:15 PM Last Edit: Sep 30, 2019, 02:24 PM by kitler53
i think i've only pre-ordered a couple games this generation.  I know it is more than this but Uncharted 4 and God of War are the only 2 I can think of right now and definitely were the last 2 games I pre-ordered.    I did pre-orders a lot more in the early gen when my backlog wasn't soo deep.

anyways, i intend to pre-order TLoU2 at some point prior to release.  I'll hold off for a while though.  I hate how they put out additional versions later like "digital deluxe" but if you already put in your pre-order you can't really cancel or change your options.  makes it not work pre-ordering until the week or so before release.

Uncharted 2 - hot Jam this is good.  Even just moving around feels better to me in this game than the first. Gameplay is just so much better.  And dang, the visuals. 
i haven't played uncharted 2 recently so see how it holds up in hindsight but if you played this games at/near release uncharted 2 was clearly the best in the franchise.  it was just such a massive improvement over U1 and soo massively advanced compared to any other game released in the same timeframe. 

==edit ==
i assume you are playing the uncharted collection for ps4.   that should mean you are not playing U1 with the god awful six-axis grenade controls the game originally released with.  hot jam that was a hot mess in U1.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

1.) i haven't played uncharted 2 recently so see how it holds up in hindsight but if you played this games at/near release uncharted 2 was clearly the best in the franchise.  it was just such a massive improvement over U1 and soo massively advanced compared to any other game released in the same timeframe.  

==edit ==
2.) i assume you are playing the uncharted collection for ps4.   that should mean you are not playing U1 with the god awful six-axis grenade controls the game originally released with.  hot jam that was a hot mess in U1.
1.) I played the second a year after release. It is easily one of my favorite games.  I think it is way better than the first and even the third game.  

2.) Nope original PS3 version.  It is so rough.  

Legend

i think i've only pre-ordered a couple games this generation.  I know it is more than this but Uncharted 4 and God of War are the only 2 I can think of right now and definitely were the last 2 games I pre-ordered.    I did pre-orders a lot more in the early gen when my backlog wasn't soo deep.

anyways, i intend to pre-order TLoU2 at some point prior to release.  I'll hold off for a while though.  I hate how they put out additional versions later like "digital deluxe" but if you already put in your pre-order you can't really cancel or change your options.  makes it not work pre-ordering until the week or so before release.
i haven't played uncharted 2 recently so see how it holds up in hindsight but if you played this games at/near release uncharted 2 was clearly the best in the franchise.  it was just such a massive improvement over U1 and soo massively advanced compared to any other game released in the same timeframe.  

==edit ==
i assume you are playing the uncharted collection for ps4.   that should mean you are not playing U1 with the god awful six-axis grenade controls the game originally released with.  hot jam that was a hot mess in U1.
I liked the six-axis stuff in U1. It wasn't good but it makes the game more funky when replaying it haha.

Uncharted 2 - hot Jam this is good.  Even just moving around feels better to me in this game than the first. Gameplay is just so much better.  And dang, the visuals.  
I like U1 a lot. It has a fair amount of charm and is a fun game. U2 however is just incredible. It's more or less tied with TLOU imo and way above the other uncharteds.

U1, U3, GA, and U4 are all my second favorite Uncharted in one way or another and it's hard to rank them. U3 had so many freaking cool set pieces even though the gameplay and plot suffered, GA feels like a true adventure, and U4 had awesome moments but some bad writing. U3's plane is still probably my favorite action moment in a video game.

the-pi-guy

-Poor character lineup
-Rip off of Smash Bros
-Characters are too serious for Smash Bros type game
-Too many moves
-Too serious for casuals, too silly for hardcore gamers

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Any of y'all getting Concrete Genie? I'm quite looking forward to it, should be fun to play next week.

BananaKing

Any of y'all getting Concrete Genie? I'm quite looking forward to it, should be fun to play next week.
Dude I know this is random. But I tried finding this info online but didnt know. But do you remember the ps4 deals for black Friday last year in the uk? I am wanting to get a PS4. Its freaking 250 quid. I am thinking to wait till black Friday or cyber monday. Or bite the bullet now and get it used. I'm thinking black Friday deals will be as good or better than last years. So it wi give me an idea

And no, I ain't buying concrete genie. What I really want is days gone :( might get CoD but microtransactions are really putting me off

Xevross

Dude I know this is random. But I tried finding this info online but didnt know. But do you remember the ps4 deals for black Friday last year in the uk? I am wanting to get a PS4. Its freaking 250 quid. I am thinking to wait till black Friday or cyber monday. Or bite the bullet now and get it used. I'm thinking black Friday deals will be as good or better than last years. So it wi give me an idea

And no, I ain't buying concrete genie. What I really want is days gone :( might get CoD but microtransactions are really putting me off
Yeah so PS4 deals on BF have actually gotten worse every year for the past 3 years. I remember last year they were only £30 off, which would be PS4 Slim 500GB with a game for £219. In fact I found the post I made last year when I was shocked at how bad the deals for PS4 were.

Holy shame the PS4 deals are disastrous. Only £30 off. Jesus. I got a better deal 2 years ago!

£219 for a PS4 Slim 500GB with fifa, RDR2, COD or Spidey, or £269 for 1TB with Spider-Man or fifa. That's just £30 off the standard prices. Best deals are more expensive combination ones, for only £10 extra you can add fortnite deep freeze, battleborn and LBP3 to the fifa PS4. Although not sure why anyone would want battleborn or LBP3. Seems like the overall best deal is slim 1TB with fifa, RDR2 and Doom for £290, but that's basically £90 more than equivalent XB1 deal :-\

I got my PS4 Slim 1TB two years ago with COD infinite warfare legacy edition (so with MW:R) for £229. Literally £40 CHEAPER than the best deals today. TWO YEARS AGO. What on Earth are Sony even doing here?
Lol, fun times.

That's actually exactly what PS4 is going for on amazon right now. £219 for 500GB with fifa/ CTR or £249 for 1TB with fifa. I would say maybe wait til BF to see if its better but the deals getting worse each year means that might not be the best idea. Hard to say really.

Go Up